Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech staff.....octane rest  ? Hostage Why? >

Bowtech staff.....octane rest ? Hostage Why?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech staff.....octane rest ? Hostage Why?

Old 01-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech staff.....octane rest ? Hostage Why?

I was just looking at the octane products. I am a fan of the stabs... but I am honestly not a big fan of the rest. My opinion only!

I am just wondering why would they come out with such a rest as the hostage? I understand, trying to get in the whisker biscuit crowd but WILL we ever see a drop away style rest or modified spring steel rest??

IMO~~~ just the name alone will sell like hot-cakes so please tell me they are planning on expanding their options on the rest designs??

AND I AM NOT BASHING JUST SIMPLY CURIOUS!!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:38 PM

Default RE: Bowtech staff.....octane rest ? Hostage Why?

Can I ask why you're not a fan of the rest? I realize I'm not a Bowtech staff member, which is what you're requesting, but I'm just curious.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wash... I am not a fan of fully capture style rests. They IMO are a thing of the past, the concept of a dropaway seems much more sensible.

I also, as others have stated dont see how the bristles will hold up after say a good season of shots?? Once again though... I have not seen nor shot of course the hostage so I do not know how it will do,but that is why i am not a fan of the rest!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:01 PM

Understood, just curious.

Something tells me we'll see a fall away rest from Bowtech in the future, whether they buy out a smaller company or produce their own design.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree Dan...
Old 01-27-2008, 12:13 AM

I guess I really don't see much difference between a WB. I mean obviously no vane contact but is that really all that much of a advantage? Perhaps it is but I think I'd spend $40 instead of $80 on a WB.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: redramtough

I guess I really don't see much difference between a WB. I mean obviously no vane contact but is that really all that much of a advantage? Perhaps it is but I think I'd spend $40 instead of $80 on a WB.
Actually it is, if that arrow can have a smooth launch, it will fly truer, withoutthat initial wobble you'll get from a WB as those vanes attempt to pass "evenly" through the bristles. I don't see a whole lot of difference between this rest and the NAP 360 Capture rest except the 360 looks to be a little more adjustable. No offense to the Bowtech guys, but I think maybe the bow companies in general ought to stick with making bows. Hoyt's rests are basically NAP rests, nothing Hoyt really made, just something they've endorsed and put their name on from what I've seen.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

IMO, they came out with the rest to help the inexperienced shooters. I like the Hostage personally.$40 you can't go wrong.

I know it can be frustrating for a new archer, working on form and their arrow keeps coming off the rest. Ecspecially for our younger shooters.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:34 AM

actually bowtech did not "come out" with the rest. a small start up company did and when it started to take off Bowtech bought them out. go to www.huntersfriend.com and see the test of the hostage vs the whisker and you will see the difference.

good hunting,

Ron
Old 01-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Wash... I am not a fan of fully capture style rests. They IMO are a thing of the past, the concept of a dropaway seems much more sensible.

I also, as others have stated dont see how the bristles will hold up after say a good season of shots?? Once again though... I have not seen nor shot of course the hostage so I do not know how it will do,but that is why i am not a fan of the rest!
I am obviouslynot Bowtech staff either, but I did shoot the original Hostage all of last summer and through this last bow season. I don't know how mant shots I have through it, but it's a bunch.The bristles show no signs of wear and when they do, they are easy to replace.The rest has proved to be one of the best I have shot for hunting. I am very picky about how my equipment performs and how it holds up. The rest was easy to tune, stayed that way, and held up to over 60 visits to the woods. You should go take a look at one, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Quick Reply: Bowtech staff.....octane rest ? Hostage Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.