Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rivers West

Old 10-24-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Rivers West

I bought a set of Rivers West camo last year and just wanted to let everyone know how impressed I am. Has anyone else tried it? I have never had camo that compares to it.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rivers West

Glad yours are doing well. Mine were the best $300 sponge I ever bought...I couldnt have gotten any wetter sitting in the shower nude. For what its worth though the only thing worse than the performance of the clthes would be the customer service. That 10 year warranty is useless if nobody will answer the phone or emails up there.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Man you must of got a pair that were made in china if they leaked,I love mine I went to wisconsin last year and mine were good at 20 degrees,and I have the snake river jacket and bibs,alot of the guys around here bought em and went to sascatchawin and had no problems,I would take the ones that leak back to the dealer if they were purchased under a year ago and let them send them back especially if you bought them from dicks they will take em back and give you a different pair,they have a one year unconditional guarantee on em,sorry to here you got a bum pair.........Ted
Old 10-25-2007, 11:32 AM

Nothing but good to say about them and their customer service. One thing people don't realize is that these things are waterPROOF, not waterRESISTANT. For something to be truely waterproof it can't be a permiable/breathable membrane. That means that it keeps water out and it keeps water in equally well. You can't expect to put these on and do heavy exertion in humid conditions without getting wet from sweat. Their newer LAW series addresses the problem pretty well with vents but the same issue still applies.

One of my friend's was leaking around the seams. One call to customer service had it fixed; they told him to wash it. Sure enough, one cycle through wash and dry and the seams sealed up and never leaked again.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Spike

Couldn't agree more with Rob. Been wearing them for 4 years now and they do what they say, and more. Heavy exertion if you tend to sweat will get you wet on the inside.
They will keep any and all outside moisture out! Really like the way they stretch. Makes it a lot easier to get around in a lot of windfall timber where you have to do a lot of
climbing in logs and such. They can't be beat in a high wind snow storm either. The wind won't cut through them and you'll staydry on the inside.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the ambush jacket and pants with the vents. The h2p stuff guaranteed unbreakable, waterproof, 10 year warranty, etc..and all that...lol. Sent them back and they reglued them.....it took me around 3 weeks of solid calling to even get through. Im glad you guys are doing well with yours cause I musta got the bum pair. I have never ran mine thru the dryer.....hell I only washed them once. I loved the clthes until I got drowned..lol. Im waiting for some cooler weather to try them this year so hopefully they fixed them with the "seam welding".