Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rivers West

Old 07-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Rivers West

From what I am hearing, this stuff rocks

http://www.riverswest.com

Anybody use it?

Old 07-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rivers West

Gary,
Only if you are stationary in it.I have had the original version and the LAW lighter version and you will sweat your butt off if you are covering any ground with it.If you put it on once you arrive at where you are going or don't have to walk very far in it that would be a different story.It gets very heavy when wet and will not dry quickly unless you put it in a dryer.
Perhaps they have come out with another version?

Old 07-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been looking at their stuff too. It's been recommended by a few friends and the owners of the local pro-shop.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

My wife bought me the RiverWest BackCountry pants and jacket last christmas and I used it alot until the end of february. This stuff is nothing short of awesome. It is super thin and very warm, I will not walk with it on however. Its so warm I sweat if I walk with it on. I wear my baselayers, and pack this stuff in on my climber. I climb the tree and put it on over my baselayers and harness and I'm toasty and have pretty thin clothing. I've never been warmer and it is completely waterproof, and thorn proof, and it has a 10-year warranty. You can't hardly rip it, tear it, etc.

Now what I got was the Lightweightversion, I can't image using the original, warmer stuff here.I wear my thin baselayers with the Rivers West over it if its down to around 30-35 degrees and if its colder than that, I put on a very thin fleece pants and shirt to keep my warm down to around 10 degrees.
I love it.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.shydas.com/product.php3?id=2064

Check out Shydas website, by far the cheapest prices on Rivers West i have found. This is a link to the one i have my eye on
Old 07-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO the best rain gear there is. The new stuff this year is supposed to be super light weight and can be worn in warmer weather. The spider jacket fatsbucknut provided the link to utilizes APF fabric which is rated for temps from 40-75 degrees. The older LAW is for 30-65 degrees.