Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Grim reapers

Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Spike

Default Grim reapers

Anybody shoot the Grim Reapers?? I decided to try them this year. Some of the blades are hard to open. When in the closed position I try to open them and they stick. Is this normal? It seems it needs a lot of presure to open them. They are lined up with the slits. It seems like they get hung up on the ring. Making me have doubts about them opening on impact. Wanting to try the Rage 2 balde. Or I'll stick with my 100grThunderheads I've been shooting.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 AM

Default RE: Grim reapers

I have shot the grim reapers some, and had no problem with them. they shot great and left good holes. I've also heard great reviews on the rage's, besides the price. but if your thunderheads shoot good i would keep using them.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My son has shot the Grim Reapers for the last couple of years and LOVES them. They do some awesome damage and he has never had a problem. I myself prefer blades ready for business when the head gets to the deer so I use fixed blades.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

i bought them reapers,,, i didnt like them.. the wrench they give you doesnt fit on well unless you unscrew the "cut on contact" tip..and when i went to screw it back in the microscopic screw stripped out.. i now use pliers to put them on my practice arrows and try to hit woodchucks on the run... thats basically all they are good for

i loved the 3 bladed rages but stupid NYS made them illegal

so NOW im using the NAP spitfire balistics .. havnt taken anything yet but by playing with them they seemed to be engineered very well

only time will tell.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Been using them this year deer & hog hunting love them. Sometimes when you first put them on it seems like maybe 1 blade is tight but once you get it free it doesn't seem to stick anymore at least thats what I have found. Don't give up on them great heads.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Spike

okeechobeefishing, that is what they are doing. One blade seems to stick more that the others. I know it's not the slit in the cup they fit in so I was thinking it's got to be the ring they are attatched to that is making it stick. I'm leary using a mechanical anyway from past experience with spitfires a few years back.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no comparision between Reapers and Spitfires. I changed to Reapers years back and will never change back. Yes they are a little sticky at first but play a little with them and free them up. They will open and you'll be impressed.

I just took a bear with them and had a complete pass through...