Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Grim Reapers.

Old 08-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default Grim Reapers.

Anybody use these? I got some today & they look promising.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:13 PM

Default RE: Grim Reapers.

My neigboor I shoot with started shooting these tonight and had good luck. They flew well and look like a nasty little head. They tore up his block target well, but did not seem to penetrate very deep into it compared to my arrows. I tried shooting one out of my bow and it did penetrate deeper but not as far asthe Wac'em bh's. The GR seems to have a wider cut so that would explain it.
The guy who invented them lives here in my area and I have heard a lot of good things about them. He is at every sportmans show or event around here and has quite a few examples of his head that have shot thru bones and what not. I really was looking at 3 heads for this season. The Grim Reaper, Tekan 2 and the Wac'em finally decided on the Wac'Em they were a little cheaper since I get 4 heads for about the same price as 3 Grim Reapers or Tekan2's.
I bet you will be happy with em, now you just got to stick one in the right place
Old 08-14-2005, 07:49 AM

They are absolutely devastatingI started using this head at the end of last year and have killed several deer, hog, ram, and turkey with them. All complete pass thrus and came out sharp and ready to use again. They fly right with my fieldpoint out to fifty yards( I don't shoot at game that far). I think you'll really like them. Good Luck
Old 08-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Cool! I'm really just experimenting with mechanicals right now. I shoot thunderheads usually but plan on keeping 2 of these in the quiver. I took one deer last year with a Rocket steelhead & it didnt work right. I got my deer but the shot was steeply down & quatering away. I hit her just behind the close shoulder & the arrow skimmed off her ribs going kinda under the shoulder bone & out the lower neck. I guess the angle the arrow hit the ribs deflected it a bit? Anyhow it spooked me a bit so I figure I'll just keep a mech in there for a nice broadside if I should get one.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:02 AM

That is the very reason I tried the Reapers.. The Rockets and some of the other mechanicals blades come almost all the way up to the tipof the broadhead and will tend to deflect on steep or severly angled shots. With the Reapers the blades are set back alittle ways giving the head tip time to penetrate and guide the head on thru on angled shots. I have experimented with alot of mechanicals over the years and this one is by far one of the best heads I've shot.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't tried them yet though they look impressive. There are several customers though, down at the local shop, that refuse to shoot anything else. They claim excellent penetration and respectable blood trails. I might give a pack a whirl this fall.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have had great luck with the GR's for the past 2 seasons...i would recommend them