Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 any critics on my form >

any critics on my form

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

any critics on my form

Old 10-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: any critics on my form

You really don't seem to want the advice you asked for but here it goes anyway.

There is alot going on in the first pic but the rest look better but still long on draw.

You need to invest in a new release imo.That release is very hard to relax with and will always be hard to anchor properly with imo.

Here is my form and although not perfect(if there is such a thing),it is very close to what most coaches look for.

See the similarities in my form and bigj.Except for the obvious.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Sorry didn't see your second picture. it look great

good hunting
Old 10-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

I would agree with everyone here that your DL is too long.................it is not unmanly to shorten your DL so why are you fighting everyone's advise...........you will shoot better if you can improve your form by shortening your DL, seems strange to me that you would ask for advise ,but get mad when people give it to you.

here's my form critique as you like:

Old 10-12-2007, 03:43 PM

i cant use a wrist still release due to climbing trees when 8 and falling out and dislocating my wrist....so when i wear a wrist style release it pops my hand out of socket...ouch
Old 10-12-2007, 03:51 PM

lung bust i could even critique you....you are leaning back some...your reach for the triger...and your grip you have your fingers stretch and not relaxed and you palm the grip too much...........lol
Old 10-12-2007, 03:55 PM

i guess with a long sleeve on you cant see that my elbow is bent out.....my arm is not straight or stretching out
Old 10-12-2007, 04:02 PM

lung bust....your draw must be too long also...because the string ancors about the same spot on your face as mine...and my arm is bent about the same...just not in a downward position mine is straight and out.....bending down = more strein on muscles and that = less steady and then less accurate

lol.....you guys are funny
Old 10-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Your right that I am about 1/4"-1/2" long in that pic.................I will shorten up after season..........I don't agree that my bow arm position is less accurate than yours however..........but thanks for the advise.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eeerrrrr , ithink this might come in handy http://home.comcast.net/~pinnah/DirtbagPinner/civility-1.html
Old 10-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: mus_stang

lol.....you guys are funny
mus stang,

I don't think you realize that there are very good competition shooters and even staff shooters (past and present) that have taken the time to let you know what you are doing wrong and all you have done is dismiss them...THAT'S the funny part.

You obviously think you areright and everyone here YOU ASKED to look at your form is wrong...what's the point?

One good thing has come from this though...It should be pretty clear to others who they should and should not listen to when asking for advice on shooting form.

Quick Reply: any critics on my form

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.