Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 any critics on my form >

any critics on my form

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

any critics on my form

Old 10-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: any critics on my form

ORIGINAL: mus_stang

i didnt ask for advice i asked for critizsm....i did get some and thats for sure.......
advice is is where i am asking what to change
critizsm is what ya all think i am doin wrong in your opinion
my style works well for me and i was generally seeing what you guys do diff.... my accuracy is awsome in my opinion, a 275 average ibo hunter class
my groups at 100yrds is 6"

i wasnt trying to fight any one but explaining how it works for me and why i do what i do.....i want people to try my things that i do and others suggestions that came up to see what works best for them

i know everybodies form will be different from person to person we are all not the same.....i see flaws in all your forms and you see some in mine...thats what makes us unique
Take some of the advice and that 275 will become 290 in hunter.Or 280 (or better)if you decide to step back to the open class someday.I was once in your exact shoes and had a very knowledgable coach (few world record holding students) give me the same advice people are giving you.

My past experience tells me you most likely have peaked,if getting better is your goal then take the advice,if not getting better is ok with you then forget what has been said.

I understand not being able to use a wrist release but their are some quality hand held releases tht will allow better anchors and allow you to relax a bit with them.Check out the carter line.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:37 PM

ummm usualy something that's wrong needs to change.
man they are just trying to keep you from losing an ear

6" at 100yards your full of it!!!!
not only can you not take advice but you lie too.
i dont shoot more than 70 yrds on windy days....yeah my friends sh_t when they first seen it...they think i am a nut with a bow

also i am not going to change for those improvements in my form they are suggesting....i know they are speaking the truth but...my form is Mine and there is no one using Perfect other than perfect for them...every one has little flaws.....

heck i know people that shoot better punching the trigger than squeezing it.....i dont know why but they are...so i leave them alone
Old 10-13-2007, 12:52 PM

again my arm is bent...but not a whole lot....it can be locked in that position...but it not fully extended and locked in the elbow
Old 10-13-2007, 05:26 PM

my form is Mine and there is no one using Perfect other than perfect for them...every one has little flaws.....
So why did you ask in the first place if you have perfect form? Doesn't make much sense.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

WOW your not full of it. Why starin your self maybe some day you can stop trying to be biger than your are and not be a a$$ and lisen to some very good shooters on here.