Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 any critics on my form >

any critics on my form

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

any critics on my form

Old 10-12-2007, 12:02 PM

Default RE: any critics on my form

Old 10-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

even if Big J would be a gay dwarf, he's still right all the way, your DL is too long !!!
I mean, when you post a "how's my form", be prepared to take the well pointed advice !!!

Big J's absolutely right man.....

F.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:12 PM

big j i think you ancor to high on you face it looks as if you were shooting recure and fingers.....i also dont think you can continully lock your relaease hand due to how bent up your arm is.....though i know i asked for critsim but i more put it up to show how it is done!!...i can hold that bow at 70 for a good 10 min becuase i have a better locking position which is more steadyer....i lock both shoulders just not one like you and holding my elbow up like that doesnt feel comfy at all...i cant hold it steady all up like that...i also would like to add that where the string comes back to compare to your eye is the same spot on mebut i anchor lower on my face than you...ie my elbow is not in the air like yours
Old 10-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

You asked for advise , you got it
Everyone , good natured and trying to help

Now if I asked Id expect everyone to be a smartazz
Old 10-12-2007, 01:00 PM

true i did get some smartazz comments...reading on big js they all say he anchors with a high wrist...i do with a low wrist and i guess as you can see the difference between to two styles

i do believe he has the correct style for the high wrist and high elbow...and i have the correct for the low wrist and straight armed way
Old 10-12-2007, 01:25 PM

if you think draw is too long i will take another pick just anchoring higher you will see the diff of illusion between a high wrist and anchor pointbetween a low wrist and anchor point
Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: mus_stang

true i did get some smartazz comments...reading on big js they all say he anchors with a high wrist...i do with a low wrist and i guess as you can see the difference between to two styles

i do believe he has the correct style for the high wrist and high elbow...and i have the correct for the low wrist and straight armed way
Uhh.....mus stang.....When we were talking about high, low wrist, we are talking about the GRIP hand NOT the relase hand, Oh boy.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tryed
Old 10-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: mus_stang

if you think draw is too long i will take another pick just anchoring higher you will see the diff of illusion between a high wrist and anchor pointbetween a low wrist and anchor point
I don't know how I missed this little jewel!

Again mus stang the high/low has NOTHING to do with where you anchor it has to do with how you hold the bow. I can show you a picture of me with a high grip and a low grip and my anchor point will be exactly the same.......Sheeeesh!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:03 PM

Your elbow. Your going to shoot lift arrows, elbow is point out, not down and locked in making your shoulder your pivot point, anchor looks good your release is to long, stretched out to far the only way the bow can react is to the lift. Need to shorten up a little, so your pushing the bow at the target. Now when your bow go's off it's reacting to the lift 'right' needs react streight at the target on follow through.

Quick Reply: any critics on my form

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.