Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow flight

Old 10-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default arrow flight

hi I'm a new bow hunter this year and have had pretty good success so far. Recently though I had 2in. blazers put on all my arrows and I noticed that there flight is not always straight. They still hit the target and have good grouping but don't always seem to fly straight almost like a fishtail in flight. May have always done this but just now have noticed it. any help with this. Thanks Jerry
Old 10-09-2007, 05:28 PM

Default RE: arrow flight

it could be that the fletchings on those arrows are slightly warped or it could be the way you are griping your grip. it also could be punching the release.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

You have to determine if this is caused by you or by equipment. Does it happen on every arrow or just some. Have you shot thru paper? Got a bullet hole? This is huge issue for you, because with out good arrow flight you will not get good penetration.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

thanks i will check these suggestions out. thanks for helping
Old 10-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2droptine

You have to determine if this is caused by you or by equipment. Does it happen on every arrow or just some. Have you shot thru paper? Got a bullet hole? This is huge issue for you, because with out good arrow flight you will not get good penetration.
Also check and make sure that the blazer vanes aren't hitting your arrow rest. Blazer vanes have a higher profile (taller) than most other vanes and it could be that your vanes are contacting your arrow rest.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:42 PM

not only your rest, also check contact with your riser. i have an older hoyt thatscenter shot is close enough to the riser that i wouldn't shoot blazers through it. im not positive they would hit but the regular vanes are cutting it pretty close as it is.