Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech General

Old 10-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BowTech General

No, since the Guardian is still in the lineup for '08.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cams on that bow are huge. I thinkthat improves the image over the Guardian.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:24 PM

No, since the Guardian is still in the lineup for '08
I think bows might be the only product I can think of that doesn't lose value when another more advanced line comes out.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

I think bows might be the only product I can think of that doesn't lose value when another more advanced line comes out.
You also have to consider the Guardian has been a Huge seller and it is still cutting edge technology

Dan
Old 10-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Host of Hosts

You also have to consider the Guardian has been a Huge seller and it is still cutting edge technology
My dealer said he sold more Guardians than any other bow in his history of being in the archery business.I don't know how long its been exactly, but he's been around awhile.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:39 PM

Yeah but being a poor medical student means I have to wait a long time to get a new bow which means I just sit and salivate!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

i shot it sunday. thing is NICE. absolutely dead in the hand at the shot. i was surprisedby that. really impressed. real stable. i shot the diamond marquis too. reall nice shooter. fast for a single cam bow. i think bowtech has a couple top notch hunting bows in these 2. can't wait to try out the speedy airbornes
Old 10-08-2007, 03:57 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

Dan
Myself, I would rather have the guardian. I just don'tlike real short bows. Reason I went with the commander. Thats alot of performance to give up going to the general IMO.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 PM

I just purchased a General. Amazing!

Like I always say, with the new technology, you really can't go wrong with today's bows. The General felt comfortable to me. Deadly quiet, smooth as silk, center balanced, fairly light (for me)...oh and fast!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:24 PM

I myself went to my local archery shop to shoot a Mathews DXT and Hoyt Katera (decided to retire my High Country Carbon Four-Runner)...after shooting both for some time I decided to go with the DXT.

The Pro Staffer asked me "if I was open to other brands?". I obliged and he brought out the General. Ten shots with the General and I pulled out my money and haven't looked back. He said that he himself was an ardent Mathews fan for many years and went to the General. I've never shot better and am very thankful that I fall trap to "marketing". Go shoot it!