Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

no sound

Old 09-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default no sound

how do i get my PSE deer hunter bow to shoot silant. What should i get
Old 09-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: no sound

Limb Savers would be a good start. Then I would get a Doinker stabilizer, some String Leechs, then if you want to, you can get some mini limb savers for your bow sights. They don't reduce sound much, but they do absorb the shock well so your sight pins screws don't get loose.

this is Limb Savers website:
http://www.limbsaver.com/Products/Archery/Super_String_Leech.aspx

Old 09-09-2007, 09:43 PM

sell it, and buy a bowtech! hahaha lol
Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heavy arrows also help.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wont be possible with that bow. Do the best you can with the advise above and try and make the rest a common noise heard in the woods. Shot for a gust of wind type noise, not a loud crack. The right arrow weight like tfox mentioned and string supression might do the trick.Make sure everything else (acc.) is quiet.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

Wont be possible with that bow. Do the best you can with the advise above and try and make the rest a common noise heard in the woods. Shot for a gust of wind type noise, not a loud crack. The right arrow weight like tfox mentioned and string supression might do the trick.Make sure everything else (acc.) is quiet.
I agree, but something you can try is removing one accessory at a time to see if that is the problem. Bow quivers are notorious for making noise, especially since they are made of plastic. If it's the quiver it's possible a limb saver or two will help, but I just remove mine when on stand as do most people I talk with.

If you can do the string Leeches thing then good old Catwhiskers always do a good job.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Spike

An STS systemwill make a big difference. Accompanied with limbsavers alsoa heavier arrow,remembertocheck and recheck all screws, bolts, fasteners, stablizers, sight pins, and broadheads/field pointsfor tightness and you should be shooting a pretty silent rig. Losing the quiver helped me alot like the other guys said, I had my wife fix my pack so I can attatchmy quiverto it and lost alot of needles noise there aswell.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

The first and most important thing to do when trying to silence a bow is to make sure your axle to axle length and brace height are in factory spec. If the axle to axle is too long and/or brace height too low, it means your string/cables have done too much creeping, are too loose and flappy and need to be readjusted.

A bow is never as quiet as it should be when the string/cables are not under the proper amount of tension.

Adjust your bow's tiller. I'm not saying just measure tiller to be equal on each end of the riser. That's a basic starting point. I'm talking 'dynamic' tiller, how the limbs work when actually shooting the bow. Your grip changes how the limbs relate to each other because the grip (center of pressure) is not in the center of the riser. If one limb is coming back to brace earlier than the other, then it causes unnecessary shock and vibration.

Make the limbs work with the same force at the same time and it'll make the bow quieter.

After that, make sure the bow is tuned to the best of your ability, with special emphasis on cam timing/synchronization. With the heavier arrows, of course.

Next step is to go through all your accessories, the way BGFisher described.

THEN, after you've got all the mechanical aspects of your bow sorted out and adjusted, you can start thinking about adding extra rubber doodads and stuff.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

not sure if it was said but use a peep without rubber tubbing and also i used to put rubber bands on my strings (thick ones) and it made it super quiet but they dry rot too fast and breakup quick so i stopped using them.