Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Something doesn't sound right here..... >

Something doesn't sound right here.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Something doesn't sound right here.....

Old 05-20-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Something doesn't sound right here.....

I was working at the shop today, and it's as slow there this time of year as here, so I had some time to play around a bit. I set up a Cardiac and shot it, they are very sweet, but I've decided to keep the Vectrix. Smoother and faster, but the Cardiac has me beat in quiet.

Anyway, here's the thing. I shot through the chrono and got some...........strange results. The Vectrix is IBO rated 316, and mine is shooting 319......70 pounds, 30" draw and 360 grain arrows....Something doesn't sound right about that, does it? I shouldn't be shooting faster than IBO.......I shot 6 arrows, and they were all between 318.7 and 319.2....

Old 05-20-2007, 06:32 AM

Default RE: Something doesn't sound right here.....

sounds like the chrono is reading a bit hot.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:36 AM

it means you have really long arms!
30" draw, I'd be anchoring behind my ear to get that!

Yep, your chrono is probably off a bit?

Oh well just think how happy your customers(the ones that are speed guys)will be.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 AM

This is why I laugh when I hear people talking about doing things to their bows that change the speed by 2-5 fps. Most chronoesI have seenare not that accurate to begin with. Same with bow scales in most cases. If you have 5 shops in your area take your bow to all of them and check the weight and speed. And I bet you get at least 3 different readings, if not 5.

I wouldn't be shocked if you got different readings on different days from the same shop. I don't think they would be way off, but they might be different.

Paul
Old 05-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds about right to me. All the hoyts that i have had the last few years, have all been just a tad faster than the advertised ibo.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

Sounds about right to me. All the hoyts that i have had the last few years, have all been just a tad faster than the advertised ibo.
I concurr

I also completey agree with Paul.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I concurr

LOL....so, which is it?? Wrong chorono or hot bow?? [&:]
Old 05-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I concurr

LOL....so, which is it?? Wrong chorono or hot bow?? [&:]
Well, I know for a fact that it's a Hot Bow
Old 05-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Is it a measured draw length or the draw length the manufacturer put on the sticker. Len proved to me more than once that they may tell you it's a 30 inch draw.... but if you measure it it's more. That's how they get some hot speeds. And I agree with whoever said... what it the heck does it matter at those speeds if you're off a couple fps? "It don't mean NUTTIN".
Old 05-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is that the Hoyts I have seen are getting better than advertised speeds and that chronos will vary from shop to shop and 2-5 fps means absolutely nothing.

I can shoot through my chrono at different points and get different reading up to 3-4 fps difference.

Test it out,see if when you shoot high through the chrono if the speed isn't slower than when shoot low through the chrono.

Quick Reply: Something doesn't sound right here.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.