Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bow for Daughter >

Bow for Daughter

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow for Daughter

Old 07-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bow for Daughter

My daughter(age 23) just started hunting this past spring. She shot her first animal (turkey) with a 20 ga. shotgun. She now wants to try bowhunting for whitetails. Any recommendations on bows for girls?It appears she can pull around 45 lbs. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:49 PM

Default RE: Bow for Daughter

my bow is great for any youth or women. Its has a 28'in draw lengh max and goes up to 50# from 40# the best deal for it is at http://www.mountain-archery.com/

I like it alot and comes with everthing u need for hunting.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:35 PM

i got my wife a hoyt banshee its a youht modle but it works great and it comes with a youth bow price i think around 200
Old 07-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Typical Buck

I have never owned one but a friend got his son a Browning Micro Midas and it seems to be a good bow. It has held up well over the years and still shoots good.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:14 AM

Let her decide. Take your daughter to a proshop where she can try some bows out. If she has a short draw length, check out the Bowtech Equalizer.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Key issue is going to be draw length. Most women seem to draw about 3 to 4 inches less than men. Browning Micro Midas or the Martin Leopard are both very nice youth/ladies bows.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:31 PM

BROWNING MICRO ADRENALINE. I am setting up a new one now for my buddy's wife. It is the best bow I have set up for such need. It is pricy , but worth it in my opinion. I set up nearly 60 bows this year so far (and I don't even have a shop anymore....ha ha, But I love to help folks) Lets just say I am IMPRESSED with this little bow. Light wt. Fast, Nice No torque grip and it fits a wide range with its adjustabililty which she will need. All young women must change their form as body changes come about, the bow must change with them.

I vote for this one all the way. However, that said, everyone has one for this market these days and I have not seen all of them. I know the Parker Challenger is pretty good. The Sierra Tec is GREAT but $$$$. Lots of others. But IMO definitely the best for the money....around $350 I think new, but check ebay for used. Young boys grow out of them fast....at least they think they do.

Good Luck getting her fixed up. I am sure she will enjoy and I for one and glad she is wanting to take up the great sport of archery hunting

Dave
Old 07-22-2007, 05:14 PM

Take her to the shop and let her play around with some bows.

Only she will be able to tell you the right bow for her.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would definetly have her look and try the Diamond Edge. My daughter shoots it and absolutly loves it. It is available in a 50lbs version that is very adjustable. My daughter is shooting the 20lbs bow but when I purchased it for her a few weeks ago we tried every bow that we could find and hands down beat everyone.

Good luck. Let us know which one she picks!

Quick Reply: Bow for Daughter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.