Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Ripcord or QAD Pro HD Rest? Which way to go. >

Ripcord or QAD Pro HD Rest? Which way to go.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ripcord or QAD Pro HD Rest? Which way to go.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ripcord or QAD Pro HD Rest? Which way to go.

Glad you like your QADI liked mine when I shot one, and my Ripcord, as well as my Free Fall. Also liked the Drop Zone when I used one of those, come to think of it I like the Trophy Taker when I shot one of those also.

Can't blame a man for liking what he shoots, but after using all of them I will install Limb Drivers on all my Bows in the near future. It took me a while to try oneas well as some coaxing from friends. I'm actually glad they kept after me. If you like Full containment and a drop away rest then the RipCord and QAD are the way to go.

Full containment has never been an issue for me.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too many good rests. I told MDBUCKHUNTER today I need to buy 1 of everything. That included cloths and bows.

It's not an issue but a preference. I shot a double prong for 15 yrs without problems. I like the fact that the QAD is cocked in a ready position. The containment feature was just a secondary consideration.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Too many good rests. I told MDBUCKHUNTER today I need to buy 1 of everything. That included cloths and bows.

It's not an issue but a preference. I shot a double prong for 15 yrs without problems. I like the fact that the QAD is cocked in a ready position. The containment feature was just a secondary consideration.

Can you imagine how many $$ you would have invested just to buy one of each of the rests I mentioned above?? I shot a TM hunter for I don't remember how many yearsI gave $125 for my 1st compound bow, and it was new
Old 07-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's about what I paid for my Bear Whitetail Legend in 1990 w/ a quiver and rest.