Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Squaring?

Old 05-17-2007, 05:32 AM

Default RE: Arrow Squaring?

where do you guys get the idea these folks don't hunt? and no, hunters have never run into the tuning that goes on in the upper circles of the 3d world. not even close there either. being a good shot is a tiny part of hunting.

edit: and if you'll notice louisianna tomkat - i did answer what you do w/ a asd, and what i use when i don't use it. i'm one of the few that did. the other issue, a percieved or misperceived prejudice against target shooters which i believe is really just not understanding from most - well it bugged me, and its been soooooo slow and boring around here - it seemed like a good one to get into. i liked your bubba analogy too. however, he could shoot shrimp w/ a bow, but that scene got cut.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

What I'm saying is that there are probably guys better than the top 5 you are talking about that never enter a competition.
Dave, I completely disagree with that statement. There areNO shooters in the worldBETTER than the top tournement shooters.

If you think that there may be, you just don't understand what it takes to get to that level.

There willNEVER be an unheard of"backyard joe"whosuddenly pops up to win one of the major tournements.

By the way, all of the top American tournement shooters are also hunters and from all reports, they do quite well at it. Many of the top foreign shooters just don't have hunting available to them.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow, this thread has had its twists and turns. But back to the topic, Ive never had any problem with carbons. I just make sure my arrow saws a perfectly square. I have found carbons to be much easier than the old day of wood and alluminum. Like Dave has mentioned, the alluminum could be a pain in the butt, as for carbon, no problem.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AllenRead

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

What I'm saying is that there are probably guys better than the top 5 you are talking about that never enter a competition.
Dave, I completely disagree with that statement. There areNO shooters in the worldBETTER than the top tournement shooters.

If you think that there may be, you just don't understand what it takes to get to that level.

There willNEVER be an unheard of"backyard joe"whosuddenly pops up to win one of the major tournements.

By the way, all of the top American tournement shooters are also hunters and from all reports, they do quite well at it. Many of the top foreign shooters just don't have hunting available to them.
agreed 100%.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are obviously not getting my point. Some guys do not feel like shooting in competitions and it's an elitist attitude to think that the best "shooters" in the world all shoot competition.

That applies to any sport or competition. There are just guys that enjoy shooting and do not prefer competitions to prove anything.

AndI know what it takes to reach a top level in anything. But you do not have to compete to prove it.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Complete BS. This is an opinion based on what you have seen or heard. Do you honestly think you know every archer (whether backyard or hunter) in the world and their capabilities. I seriously doubt it. To make these type of "factual" statements is ludicrous. I would bet there are many, many people in this world who are better than others in the professional realm who just don't care to compete. Whether actors, sport players, archers, drivers, carpenters, ect., it does not really matter if we know them or the world knows them. To some, modesty in their ability is worth more than the accolades of egotistical morons.

LT
Old 05-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you for someone else finally stepping up and solidifying what I've been saying.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure there are lots of guys who don't shoot competition that are pretty good. They might be better than a few of the bottom level pros I guess. I don't know if they use an arrow squaring device or not though.

Otherwise, weekend dirt tracker can step in a Gibbs or Hendrick car, and finish in the top 5 of a cup race. Local golf pro can go to Agusta, and clean up over Tiger, Phil, etc. Good local shooter can take care of Hopkins if he wants. Sherr![8D][&:]
Old 05-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

I'm sure there are lots of guys who don't shoot competition that are pretty good. They might be better than a few of the bottom level pros I guess. I don't know if they use an arrow squaring device or not though.

Otherwise, weekend dirt tracker can step in a Gibbs or Hendrick car, and finish in the top 5 of a cup race. Local golf pro can go to Agusta, and clean up over Tiger, Phil, etc. Good local shooter can take care of Hopkins if he wants. Sherr![8D][&:]
Believe it or not. There probably is. They'll just never get that opportunity due to not having the funds or connections to enter such events. If you only believe that the guys you see on TV are the best than you are truly mistaken. There are guys that play basketball on hard court that are better than many NBA stars. You hear all the time about some bag boy becoming a starter in the NFL. Golfers enter Q school and win pro tourneys, etc.The list goes on and on.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:38 PM

i know 1 guy that can shoot spots w/ chance but doesn't compete - because he can't take the mental aspect of competing. he shoots w/ the most perfect form anyone who's seen him shoot has ever seen. everyone in archery seriously knows who he is. its too tough mentally on him. but he has no problem laying big deer down brotha. much easier to lay a deer down than win vegas mentally and emotionally.

dave, you're so wrong cuz. when you find yoda in the woodswhocan judge yardage to the half yard out to 50yards, and who's bad arrows are only 2" off from 60 yards- tell him i know how he can make a prettyfat living.

Quick Reply: Arrow Squaring?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.