Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Squaring?

Old 05-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Squaring?

ORIGINAL: gibblet

there isn't one person here who can touch him - at anything, anywhere, or in any conditions, or footing,that has to do w/ shooting arrows.i doubt there's one person herewho could beat hisgirlfriend at any form of archery either. if you could, you'd be doing it.
No disrespect gibblet but by your reasoning the only good shooters shoot league? That statement really doesn't make sense andis very inaccurate. Maybe this is the elitist attitude that people were telling me about? If you don't shoot target you just can't be that good or know your stuff.

There are many great shooters who do not prefer the league scene or do not crave accolades when it comes to their skills.They shoot because they love to shoot and because they want to be as accurate as possible for that time when theyshoot at a live animal.For every good competition shooter there probably is 10 guys that like to shoot for the fun of it that are just as good.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

something in this thread is bothering me. seems to be a little bit of prejudice against target shooters among some who don't really do it. someone (len) even said something like 'the best shooters in the world - hunters'.this seems to be a point mosthave agreed on in this thread. not sure why this is bothering me - except i don't get it. i'm lucky enough to shoot with or just in front of or behind one of the best in the world sometimes - because he's not to far away and we have mutual friends - and he can bust nocks off arrows at will from 50 yards - at will. he wins pretty much every asa known distance shoot, and 2 of the national shoots from pro class this year. len may be able to beat him shooting a right handed bow left handed - maybe - but that's it, and w/ 5 minutes practice - i doubt it. there isn't one person here who can touch him - at anything, anywhere, or in any conditions, or footing,that has to do w/ shooting arrows.i doubt there's one person herewho could beat hisgirlfriend at any form of archery either. if you could, you'd be doing it.

any way - its a myth - hunters are no where near the best shots, shooters, or tuners around - and its not even close. don't fool yourselves.
This is a tough one here. (and we are so far off topic it is rediculous!)

In some respects it is like comparing apples to oranges.

How can we compare a target shooter to a hunter when they are in different arenas, use different equipment and have different mentalities?

Old 05-16-2007, 03:40 PM

dave, ever been around any guys that are top5 in the world in the pro class of 3d?i've gotten to shoot w/ a coupleof them. you just don't have any idea what i'm saying until you see it for yourself.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good job Gibbit. And I don't mean with the contest of you post but rather of a hyjack. This would have been a good topic on it'sown and in it's own thread probally with many replies heated or not. Now as it is if the moderaters decide to do thier job it will end with a short life here in this thread as being off topic. Maybe you should copy and paste your threadin another thread of it's ownand delete this one with an edit to see your new oneand reference this one within it. Just a thought.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I'm saying is that there are probably guys better than the top 5 you are talking about that never enter a competition. Your rational is that only the best compete or if you were good enough you'd compete. That's not always the case. That's all I'm trying to say.

The place I shoot at has world class shooters. However, I could care less about that and don't go around asking themwho they are and how they high they are ranked. I've just been told by others who've asked me to join.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey gibblet (John). Does that shooter use the ASD?[8D]

How's that for back to topic?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Evidently there is very little knowledge here as to the original question. I do appreciate those who contributed and tried to help increase my knowledge of this procedure. Thanks.

Now, I must address the latter portion of this thread. Gib, I for one think awfully highly of you and your knowledge of string making, ect. I also believe you are pretty knowledgable concerning bows and shooting in general. Now, to say things about Pro 3d shooters as you did is kinda a moot point to me. I mean it's kinda like saying Bubba Gump could never play guitar like Eric Clapton. Well, that's because Eric gave himself to learning his instrument and art and Bubba, well, Bubba knows shrimp. That is the why Pro Shooters shoot so well. At the same time though, there are those who are, how should I say more well rounded at shooting than Pro Shooters. These "hunters" practice enough in real life hunting situations and scenarios that a 3D Shooter might not have the nads to pull it off when one of these guys could. Not saying they are better shots, just more rounded in their knowledge of shooting/shot palcement ect. As far as a pro shop owner/hunter being as good or better at shooting, well maybe he's not. But, at the same time, I feel he has probably dealt with more shooting/tuning/repairing/restringing/problem solving than any 3D Shooter will ever encounter. 2 different breeds of people we are talking about I guess you could say. Just my 2c, and now, quit playing Al Quida and go hijack someone else.[8D]
Old 05-16-2007, 05:32 PM

John:

I'll gladly commentaboutyour concernsif you care to makeyour subject a separate thread.

Good shooting and good hunting,

Len
Old 05-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Is this the thread to bash on Len, or is someone gonna make a new one. I could move up from fawn to addicted to HNI real quick on a topic like that...

Just kiddin.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:42 PM

lol, the Mods should just trash this thread and we can all start over now that we are all best friends!

Quick Reply: Arrow Squaring?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.