Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Squaring?

Old 05-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Squaring?

Len,
No need to apologize at all. It's my problem, not yours. Besides, I can make it out with a little effort.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

Sometimes it's best to put a piece of white paper behind the object being viewed. Having this sort of background will aid in seeing any variances.

I do something like this. I take 3x5 index cards,with blue lines on them, and put one under each end of the arrow when I spin it. I line up the shaft with one of the lines and then spin and that gives me a very good visual concerning the straightness on each end.
Good suggestion, I am spinning my arrows right now! I just might have to try this.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

You two guys are way wrong in your assessment of who and what Len is about.He is a "HUNTER"not a competition shooter.Although he could probably hold his own with most,both left and right handed.As stated he does not not "push" products on customers at all.It seems when Len or a few other people state facts on this forum with the knowledge and experience to back up their statements there are always people who want to bash.If you can't handle the"facts" then don't read anything that Len has to say.You cannot win the debate with Len when it comes totechnical aspects of this sport.
WOW....you're crazy.

Len, if I offended you because I dissagree with some of the thingsyou said, I sincerely apologize. I certainly didn't mean to get personal here. Sometimes I get caught up in the moment.

And I agree...on to the regular scheduled program!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: newman1

You two guys are way wrong in your assessment of who and what Len is about.He is a "HUNTER"not a competition shooter.Although he could probably hold his own with most,both left and right handed.As stated he does not not "push" products on customers at all.It seems when Len or a few other people state facts on this forum with the knowledge and experience to back up their statements there are always people who want to bash.If you can't handle the"facts" then don't read anything that Len has to say.You cannot win the debate with Len when it comes totechnical aspects of this sport.
Again, please show were I bashed Len? Some of you guys get so riled up when someone questions something that you say. Or, god forbid disagrees with someone and forms their own opinion. Right or wrong.You automatically start bashing us for being buffoons when it comes to archery because we are not 4 yr members.

I openly listen to what Len says as well as others and don't get all bent out of shape over it. The issue is dead as far as Len & I are concerned so leave it dead.

As far as the ASD. I've found at least 3 or 4 articals by reputable writers, shop owners and shooters that recommend the use of this product for tuning an arrow. Will it fix all of your problems? No, obviously if the shaft is way out of wach or the broadhead is it will not help at all.

Len,

I personally like your response to newman. If people do not question there is no way we can move forward as a society. Follow blindly and we get nowhere. It's better to question and be proven wrong than to listen to something that is wrong and never question.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's better to question and be proven wrong than to listen to something that is wrong and never question.
Very good quote Dave. I'll have to save that one.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rick,

You stole my quote. hahaha. It's probably the best one I'll ever come up with too.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

It was so good i did steal it, want it back ?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

No no, just kidding. Glad I could add something to this forum.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:57 AM

something in this thread is bothering me. seems to be a little bit of prejudice against target shooters among some who don't really do it. someone (len) even said something like 'the best shooters in the world - hunters'.this seems to be a point mosthave agreed on in this thread. not sure why this is bothering me - except i don't get it. i'm lucky enough to shoot with or just in front of or behind one of the best in the world sometimes - because he's not to far away and we have mutual friends - and he can bust nocks off arrows at will from 50 yards - at will. he wins pretty much every asa known distance shoot, and 2 of the national shoots from pro class this year. len may be able to beat him shooting a right handed bow left handed - maybe - but that's it, and w/ 5 minutes practice - i doubt it. there isn't one person here who can touch him - at anything, anywhere, or in any conditions, or footing,that has to do w/ shooting arrows.i doubt there's one person herewho could beat hisgirlfriend at any form of archery either. if you could, you'd be doing it.

also, want to learn about bows? tuning, shimming, what bow companies bows need to have the axles replaced straight from the factory, packing limb pockets... and lots of stuff not many have even heard of - find a good spot shooter or 3d shooter. i'm lucky. i get to see these guys bows and talk to them. i get to find out what they do, and how they do it.
the reality is - these guys are better and know much more than just about any hunt only folks you'll ever find, more about tuning and form, and they have access to folks many of us have never heard of - folks who make a living having the best shooters in the world visit for coaching.

any way - its a myth - hunters are no where near the best shots, shooters, or tuners around - and its not even close. don't fool yourselves.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

there isn't one person here who can touch him - at anything, anywhere, or in any conditions, or footing,that has to do w/ shooting arrows.i doubt there's one person herewho could beat hisgirlfriend at any form of archery either.
Wow, doeshe (don't know who he is)and and his girlfriend mind you speaking for them as such on public forum? - Just wondering....Not that it has anything to do with the topic.

Quick Reply: Arrow Squaring?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.