Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 shooting bareshaft????? >

shooting bareshaft?????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shooting bareshaft?????

Old 05-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shooting bareshaft?????

No offence was meant to you Len. Its just when the words uneducated and unethical come into to play I for one get slightly offended if I feel they are directed at me. I just wanted to nip that issue in the bud so to speak. I value your opinion Len as you have shown your true coloursand no explanation needed as to why you don't get into tuning issues........ there are some issues I don't get into either
Old 05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shooting bareshaft?????

sandiland, have you checkedthe tiller on your bow. It could be as simply as one limb working harder then the other that is causing the problem.

Here is a pretty good topic on the subject:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1153571&mpage=1&key=group%2ctuni ng&#1154069

What bareshaft tuning does is similar to what paper-tuning does. It showshow arrow is leaving the bow. When a fletched arrow does not leave the bow straight, it needs to correct itself in flight (fletchings usually do this), but expends energy while doing so.Also keep in mind that you are tuning for accuracy not necessarily absolute perfect arrow flight (although the two normally go hand in hand). Personally I prefer papertuning with fletchings to get me close with compounds. Then I'd go to group or walkback tuning tofine tune the setup. I do however, use bareshaft tuning with my traditional bows. But remember that no matter what type of tuning you do, your tuning will only be as good as the person shooting the bow.

I'm sure there are many on here who will try to assist you in tuning your bow. For many reasons, I do not get into tuning issues.
Sharing and learning = a good thing. That's why most of us are here.