Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker biscuit

Old 12-12-2002, 06:33 AM

Default whisker biscuit

I bought a WB last week and since have torn all my fletchings off of about 8 Beamon ICS 400 arrows. Is it the rest or me?
Thanks
Old 12-12-2002, 08:10 AM
CG

Default RE: whisker biscuit

Must be you or the person that fletches your arrows. I've personally shot over 3000 arrows through mine and watched at least that many go through several of my buddie's bows and have yet to see a vane or feather get peeled off. So after 6000+ shots, no vanes have ever come off. Fire your arrow fletcher and do it yourself.

"What we do in this life echos an eternity"
Old 12-12-2002, 09:16 AM

Look at this way if you shoot alot sooner or later your going to bury an arrow up to your fletching in your target. You might even get pass throughs if you try to get evry last dollars worth before replacing your target or insert. Your fletching should be good enough to be able to do this. If your arrows can pass this test & mine do than the Whisker biscuit shouldn't give you any problems.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:11 PM

After going to get a second opinion from a reputable archery shop they noticed that my fletchings had not been "dotted". They had a good glue job but the leading edge of the fletching had not been dotted with glue. Therefore, it lacked that extra layer of protection. They assured me this would solve my problem. I certainly hope so! Thanks for the response
Old 01-01-2003, 12:55 PM

the glue dots will fix your prob. i had the same trouble last year with gold tips .
Old 01-27-2003, 05:51 AM

I switched to a whisker biscuit and went through several fletch, but the closer groups were a trade off. I bought another dozen arrows with vanes and no problem, so I believe it is the glue and possibly glue dots at end. I am refletching the dozen and am switching to feathers been told the give more with the whisker biscuit! Will let you know how it works!

Der Jagd Meister
aka [email protected]