Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Question

Old 03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Question

Glad things are working out for you. Probably the one thing contributing to tighter groups is that the arrow spine is a closer match for the rest of the set up.

One other bit of advice. If you are serious about archery then over time learn all you can. Learn to work on your own bow including the important measurements to record for reference, bow tuning replacing rigging (string and cables) and maybe even doing complete tear downs and putting the bow back together. Someday you may feel that you've become the best bow technician you know. Saves a lot of gas and guessing who knows what.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

One other bit of advice. If you are serious about archery then over time learn all you can. Learn to work on your own bow including the important measurements to record for reference, bow tuning replacing rigging (string and cables) and maybe even doing complete tear downs and putting the bow back together. Someday you may feel that you've become the best bow technician you know. Saves a lot of gas and guessing who knows what.
Sounds like good advice and I do intend to become as knowledgable about my bow as I am my firearms.
One other problem I was having that these new arrows has solved . . .I was happy to see today that my broadheads are grouping right with my field tips!! With the weaker spined arrows my broadheads really did'nt group but would hit way low and mostly to the left. Great . . .one less thing!!
Thanks
Old 03-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure your gonna learn ton's of new Tech advice here and there ,but alway's support your local shop ,you may not realize how much you miss it until it's gone .
But as BGFish has said try to learn to do your own work ,it save's a ton of grief and you can also get alot of personal accomplishment doing it yourself .
I'm glad thing's worked out for you ,as long as you keep learning the less you'll need to run into the bowshop everytime something little happen's.

That's half the enjoyment ,,,,doing it yourself

nubo