Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How Blazers work >

How Blazers work

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How Blazers work

Old 02-27-2007, 03:56 PM

Default RE: How Blazers work

Possibly, but most likely it's the biscuit. Blazers are about the best for that, but not perfect. Were you shooting cock vane up or down, and was it the cock vane that was curling?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:03 PM

what i heard from my local bowshop was that blazers will through off your shot in the wind dramatically and thats what made my decision go with feathers but i want to try some blazers i just dont know if they will work for my setup
Old 02-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

You will get many argue with you on this Kidd.I believe this to be correct IF the Blazers ARE taller than conventional vanes or feathers.I don't think there would be much difference between them and feathers but vanes,especially low profile should be affected less.

This is why foc is so important,especially in low energy setups.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:31 PM

so are you saying because i have low poundage on my bow that i will or will not be able to use blazers i know the shop told me they were no good but they seemed to have something against them when i asked
Old 02-27-2007, 06:02 PM

The poundage has nothing to do with it. I have yet to see an arrow a Blazer won't stabilize.....
Old 02-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I said PROFILE not poundage.Meaning they are shorter than Blazers and most other vanes.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

mobowhuntr,
Sorry it took a while to reply. I sent my last post before I left work, and I'm just getting back on. I'm still learning the terminology, but by "cock vane", I assume you mean the odd vane. It was up so that the vanes didn't touch the stiffer support whiskers at the bottom of the rest. The curling wasn't just limited to the odd vane. Couldn't understand what was happening.
BTW, when I have an experience with a retailer like I described earlier, is it recommended that, in these forums, you don't list their name? Just wondering. They got me good.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:02 PM

so do u think i can try them out and say if its a windy day they will and should be accurate right ...[if everything else is good like form and so forth]
Old 02-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kidd,
I'm no archery expert, but TFOX is right. It's a simple physics issue. The thing is, if a 4" vane is close to the same height as a 2" vane, you have almost twice as much "sail area" (to use a Navy term). That is, in a cross wind, there's almost twice as much surface area to catch the wind and kick the tail of the arrow around. I was shooting blazers with my first bow, and now I'm shooting 4" vanes. There's a marked difference in arrow flight between the two when shooting in a crosswind. I can't say, though that there'sa large difference in accuracy at shorter yardage, though.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

I was shooting yesterday in about a 20mph wind back to 30 yrds and had no problem. I was shooting south and the wind was out of the southeast (blowing northwest) My arrows have the blazers on them, I love them. I also shoot 70#. I did not try them back any further because I jsut don't practice back that far for turkeys. Anyways the wind did not bother them at all.

Quick Reply: How Blazers work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.