Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech driving me crazy >

Bowtech driving me crazy

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech driving me crazy

Old 02-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech driving me crazy

Do you think it is possible that OHbowhntr is related to, or friends with the infamous Slippy Field?[8D]
Old 02-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter
OHbowhntr,

There are a few Guardian's around my area. What dealer do you visit?
I think Pheasantpoint is the one wanting one. Too rich for my blood, I would consider a Vectrix XL, but that may be later in the year, if I even go for one. I am pretty happy with my cheap $300bow actually. But Pheasantpoint ordered one in Dec. and still hasn't gotten it yet. You may give him directions.

O.K. I'll go straight to the point. On an earlier post you said;

"LIMB PROBLEMS!!! Typical Bowtech Limb Problems, apparently, they've froze their deliveries while they are looking into how to fix a potential corporate disaster. My local pro shop is actually considering dropping them because of shipping and repair issues. Not to bash, just what I've heard from a guy who sells them, but maybe not for long."

I'd like to know who this dealer is. If you're not willing to give their name so it can be varified than I guess we'll all have to believe thatit's not true.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

Do you think it is possible that OHbowhntr is related to, or friends with the infamous Slippy Field?[8D]
Nope, no worries. I've seen Slippy on AT.com, haven't really made an opinion of him either way. As I said, I'm just quoting what I heard from a reputable dealer. And what I've seen and heard from a few different people, personally, not online. And again, I believe those Bowtech bows are excellent bows, I'd just be leary about the potential of a limb problem.

Remember, I also said this.
As I said elsewhere, if the limbs don't prove to be a problem, the Guardian may be one of the best Speed/Forgiveness bows we've seen yet, unfortunately, the limbs are seeming to be a problem according to reports from my local dealer.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr,

There are a few Guardian's around my area. What dealer do you visit?
I think Pheasantpoint is the one wanting one. Too rich for my blood, I would consider a Vectrix XL, but that may be later in the year, if I even go for one. I am pretty happy with my cheap $300bow actually. But Pheasantpoint ordered one in Dec. and still hasn't gotten it yet. You may give him directions.

O.K. I'll go straight to the point. On an earlier post you said;

"LIMB PROBLEMS!!! Typical Bowtech Limb Problems, apparently, they've froze their deliveries while they are looking into how to fix a potential corporate disaster. My local pro shop is actually considering dropping them because of shipping and repair issues. Not to bash, just what I've heard from a guy who sells them, but maybe not for long."

I'd like to know who this dealer is. If you're not willing to give their name so it can be varified than I guess we'll all have to believe thatit's not true.
Pat,
You should know whether the issue is true or not. You work for them. Which is it??? If you say it ain't true, I believe you, you would know. As far as who my dealer is, again, you should know, how many are in Eastern Ohio?? If the rumor's not true, then good, because the design of the Guardian looks awesome, and with a "long" brace-height" and all that speed, it should be one of the most forgiving "FAST" bow available. And with a nice "LONG" almost 34" axle-to-axle, that makes it even more desirable for a lot of people. Again, I'm not trying to start something, but I've been leary of the limbs because of what I've read online, and what I've heard and seen personally, though I've only seen one busted limb. I don't mean to be incringing on your livelihood, I'm just posting what I've heard. And again, this guy had no reason to hide anything, that's why I tend to believe him.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Host of Hosts

I guess that answers the question......
Old 02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Host of Hosts

Maybe the reason you can go in and pick up a Vectrix anytime is that not as many people are buying them.
From what I hear they're selling pretty well. Hoyt just has a better production setup. They've been around a heck of a long time and know how to produce product. Bowtech on the other hand is still quite young and they don't yet have the capabilities of a Hoyt sized company. Mark my words though Bowtech will be at the top in the next year or so.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry,deleted.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:57 PM

OHbowhntr, you've got allot to say about something you know nothing about. Your "trusted dealer" is doing one of two things. Feeding you a line, or feeding you nothing at all. Giving you licenseto speak incorrectly either way.I seriously doubt you were "told" anything you espouse to. There is no limb problem holding up production of the Guardian. There IS a huge demand resulting in backorders. You're obviously a Hoyt lover on the forum. On the other it's all over the map. Be careful not to slip.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: phil 5oh

OHbowhntr, you've got allot to say about something you know nothing about. Your "trusted dealer" is doing one of two things. Feeding you a line, or feeding you nothing at all. Giving you licenseto speak incorrectly either way.I seriously doubt you were "told" anything you espouse to. There is no limb problem holding up production of the Guardian. There IS a huge demand resulting in backorders. You're obviously a Hoyt lover on the forum. On the other it's all over the map. Be careful not to slip.
Actually I like Hoyt, Reflex, Browning, and Bear bows. I'd like to try a Guardian also, but haven't had the opportunity yet. You must've missed the posts where I talked this bow up, from the numbers presented on it, I said it should be "one of the most forgiving "Fast" bows. And I also like the riser styling, as it would appear to be and excellent structure for reducing handshock. The other based on numbers would also be a Bowtech(Allegiance @ 335IBO, with a 7.25" BH). As far as you questioning my integrity, I don't care for that much, but there are people who tend to question others when it serves them best, feel free, I take no major offense at it. I'm still waiting on BowTech_Shooter to set everything straight, since he works for the company, we should be able to get an "in the know" answer from him. I haven't "espoused" anything, I've just quoted what I've heard. Nice word though, not too often you hear someone use a $2 word on an archery forum. I did think his little trick of trying to find out which of the local dealers I visited was pretty grade school, but nooffense there either, no one wants somebody shi--ing where they eat. I apologize if this negatively affects his livelihood, but honesty is best.

I also see where there were somequestions about laminated limbs on"BowTech" crossbows, recently, and see that he was a bit unsure of what really was what. As I understand it, the best limbs on the market, pretty much hands down ARE on Hoyt bows, and they are laminated, which doescertainly increase the strength and durability of them. I have to wonder why BowTech, as well asALL bow manufacturers,haven't gone to laminatedlimbs.Neither of myReflexes, nor my older Browning have laminated limbs, though they also haven't yet had any problems. TheBrowning originally had wood/glass laminated limbs, one of whichbusted while I was shooting, and when it did,the bottom one cracked. I sent thebow back to Browning, years ago when they were still in Wyoming, and they re-fitted my riser, put new solid glass limbs on, and new "wheels," and sent it back to me with a $7 check forthe shipping I'd paid to send it to them and anapology.Now over10yrs later, the bow still shoots nicely, and I still enjoy shooting my old "finger" bow every once in a while. Now I've heard BowTech also has excellent customer service, so add that to the list of GOOD things I've said. Stop reading what you want, and read the whole post.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been around for a while and can say that bowtec's limb problems have been so numerous that even I noticed the frequency at which they were happening. I don't even care! Many said that they were being taken care of, but I said how so, It's one thing to have a recall and fix a problem, it's another to keep sending out bad limbs and replace them only after there's a complaint. Some complained of it happening up to 4 times on the same bow.

I don't know about this particular bow but the guy buying one is very happy about getting it. Can't you guys just be happy for him? He's a big boy and will take care of any problems if they arise.

Quick Reply: Bowtech driving me crazy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.