Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech driving me crazy >

Bowtech driving me crazy

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech driving me crazy

Old 02-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech driving me crazy

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

LIMB PROBLEMS
Been hearing this since Bowtech came into the market, have yet to see any validity to the claims.
I've seen only one, but I've heard the problem from 3 dealers, one I know very well, who also likes the bows, but is ready to drop the line because of customer complaints and dissatisfaction. I've also heard it from many people, one guy who finally bought a Hoyt, after having problems with both the Bowtech and Matthews lines. Supposedly, the Guardians are worse than the other "standard" parallel limbed bows. I think the design looks like it would be great for shooting, however, it looks like it would create much stress on the limb, cantilevering it right in the middle like it does. As I said elsewhere, if the limbs don't prove to be a problem, the Guardian may be one of the best Speed/Forgiveness bows we've seen yet, unfortunately, the limbs are seeming to be a problem according to reports from my local dealer.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

LIMB PROBLEMS
Been hearing this since Bowtech came into the market, have yet to see any validity to the claims.
I've seen only one, but I've heard the problem from 3 dealers, one I know very well, who also likes the bows, but is ready to drop the line because of customer complaints and dissatisfaction. I've also heard it from many people, one guy who finally bought a Hoyt, after having problems with both the Bowtech and Matthews lines. Supposedly, the Guardians are worse than the other "standard" parallel limbed bows. I think the design looks like it would be great for shooting, however, it looks like it would create much stress on the limb, cantilevering it right in the middle like it does. As I said elsewhere, if the limbs don't prove to be a problem, the Guardian may be one of the best Speed/Forgiveness bows we've seen yet, unfortunately, the limbs are seeming to be a problem according to reports from my local dealer.

Where is your local dealer?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:57 PM

My dealer has been with Bowtech from the beginning. He also deals Mathews, Hoyt, Elite, Martin,just to name a few, and has been in business for 20+ years. He shoots exclusively Bowtech, a Mathews convert. Yes, he admits this back-order issue with the Guardians this year hasn't been fun. But, he chooses to shoot Bowtech and hasn't looked back. He even had hats made up with his store and the Bowtech emblem. He still sells more Hoyt and Mathews, but, he will tell anyone that asks that right now they produce the best product on the market. He also raves about their customer service, again, the last few months with Guardians being an anamoly.

Mathews, Hoyt, etc, they have had their share of problems. After this year, the current 2007 year will put Bowtech somewhere they have never been as far as orders. You will see. He told me the numbers they are getting are far exceeding any expectations they had.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:13 PM

I haven't heard any problems w/the Guardian limbs, but the 07 Allegiances allegedly are having cam clearance issues. A word from a proshop is that BT rejected a batch of limbs. Some may have got into production. Their customer service is very good. I own an 06 Tribute & am very satisfied/excited with it. The Guardians are behind in production. A friend of mine was very lucky, & bought his outright in Jan, from a proshop that actually had one 2 sell. He also is very pleased w/its performance.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp
Where is your local dealer?
SE Ohio. I saw the busted limb on the bow up in NW Ohio at another pro shop I frequent when up in that area visiting in-laws. But have heard from numerous people, including a friend and co-worker mentioned below who now shoots Hoyt because of the problems he's had, with both Matthews and Bowtech. I've not personally had any bad experience with either, but I've never owned either also. I think both Matthews and Bowtechs that I've shot, shoot really nice, but I just never thought any of them quite matched up w/ the Trykon XL I shot last summer. Now I'm hearing if you like the Trykon XL, the Vectrix XL is even nicer. I hope Bowtech has the limb issue figured out or gets them figured out, because I've heard the Guardian is a super nice shooting bow. And it looks like it should be. Like I said before, just based on it's specs, it should be tops for a bow that is combining both speed and forgiveness, but that will be yet to be seen if the Limbs don't hold up.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Spike

If you can't prove it ,SHUT UP!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pheasantpoint

If you can't prove it ,SHUT UP!!!!!!!
??? Not sure, but I hope you weren't talking to me. Since it looks like you still don't have your Guardian, maybe you oughta be looking at a nice Vulcan or Vectrix??? Or did that bow you ordered 2 months ago finally come in??? My Pro-shop has been around for almost 20yrs, and he's sold everything under the son, he readily advises guys on what's "really" best for their money, probably costing him a few thousand every year, but that's why he's continued to run such a prosperous business. His prices are better than "Hunter's Friend," and he prides himself with pushing archery and bowhunting in a positive light. Volunteers to help the local kids archery club, etc. If he said they have limb problems and are scrambling to get them fixed, I'd be pretty sure that "they have limb problems and are scrambling to get them fixed." As a dealer that sells everything, Matthews, Hoyt, Reflex, Bowtech, Bear, Ross, Browning, PSE, etc, he has no vested interest in trying to "hide" any of Bowtech's problems like some of the dealers I've seen who only sell one or two lines of bows. He also sell Benelli, Glock, Browning, and most high dollar guns so questioning his credibility seems a bit ignorant. If you really want one that bad, come on down, he can probably get you one as quickly as anyone in OHIO can, he has his bows in before the aforementioned "Hunter's Friend," or the other decent Pro-Shop 30minutes away, and again sells cheaper.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Edit, double post!! Sorry
Old 02-17-2007, 12:36 PM

Hey i shot in a bow club and one guy in the club has one that thing is fast
he said he had a few problems with it but got them ficks he like it he sold his Hoyt for it from what i have seen it looks crazy but it is fast i hope you get it soon
Old 02-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

[
the Vectrix was my main hunting bow but after shooting the Guardian I had to have one. Who knows which one will be the backup until I get to shooting my own Guardian. Maybe it'll be my 3-D bow.
[/quote]

After shooting it for a while could you give us a little review comparing the two? I may be in the market for something in the near future as I'm sure others will be also.

Quick Reply: Bowtech driving me crazy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.