Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech driving me crazy >

Bowtech driving me crazy

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech driving me crazy

Old 02-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech driving me crazy

Come on Pat, your silence is DEAFENING!!!!! Which is it??? Or are you too busy trying to decide which dealer you want to go after??? Trykon, I hope you do get your bow soon, and you get to enjoy it thoroughly. I am not trying to take anything away from the bow, but I am trying to put forth a little background info on why you may have to wait "forever" to get it.

Original: HeadHunter66

Maybe the reason you can go in and pick up a Vectrix anytime is that not as many people are buying them.
Not likely, there are a lot of them being sold. And productions at Hoyt seems to be doing well near as I can tell. I haven't heard anyone complaining about having to WAIT for a Hoyt Bow.

Nodog,
I am just trying to shed some light on why his waitmay betaking so long, nothing more. Even though the others here think I am bashing BowTech, I am not, I have said very good things about the BowTech bows also, they just keep "missing" that part. Heck, Pat works for them, you wouldn't expect him to be happy when someone is letting out a "corporate secret," would you. Seems he's even trying to find out which dealer I talked to so he can "hush" him (refer to post where he asked what dealer I go to, and offered directions to a dealer that may have bows available, then got mad because I told him to help someone who still hasn't gotten his bow he says he "put money on" almost 2 months ago).

Original: nodog
I've been around for a while and can say that bowtec's limb problems have been so numerous that even I noticed the frequency at which they were happening. I don't even care! Many said that they were being taken care of, but I said how so, It's one thing to have a recall and fix a problem, it's another to keep sending out bad limbs and replace them only after there's a complaint. Some complained of it happening up to 4 times on the same bow.
The statement in the BOLD may be BowTech's salvation. I read on another thread about BowTech using solid limbs, not laminated. Not sure if the cost is that different, but I'd tend to believe that is laminated are better, then a $700 bow should come with laminated limbs. If BowTech's came with laminated limbs, they'd probably be even better, and they are good now. I had a hard time not buying an Allegiance of a co-worker last fall when he offered it up fo $450, and would have if I'd had an extra $450 around. But having a pregnant wife, and all of the unknown expenses I had to look forward to, I opted against that idea. But the bow shot great, and was super fast. Were that bow available today, I'd buy it, even if it IS a BowTech. So don't get me wrong, I am not bashing, just trying to shed light.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

But having a pregnant wife, and all of the unknown expenses I had to look forward to, I opted against that idea. But the bow shot great, and was super fast. Were that bow available today, I'd buy it, even if it IS a BowTech. So don't get me wrong, I am not bashing, just trying to shed light.
No biggy! How's the wife? Have 5 of my own. Looking forward to many grandkids. Told the 6 year old today that if anyone askes her what she wants to do when she's grown up that she was to say, give my daddy grandkids.Lord willing they'll all marry people that love them as much as I do. They'll have too if they will be able to put up with the father inlaw.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

OH, you asked Phil not to read anything extra into your posts; I would kindly ask you to do the same regarding Pat's. He stated that he asked you simply for verification of your story -- not to "hush" a dealer. Mutual respect goes a long way in getting what you ask for.

haven't heard anyone complaining about having to WAIT for a Hoyt Bow.
There was also nowhere NEAR the buzz and anticipation for any of the Hoyts that the Guardian generated. No disrespect to Hoyt; they make a fine bow. Always have, and I expect them to continue to do so in the future.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

For the record,Hoyt has had many long waits on bows many times over the years.I am sure there are many waiting for target bows as we speak.

I believe Bowtec was caught off guard on the response to the guardian and are just having trouble getting production up,that being said,I don't think there is any way they will sell or have sold anywhere near as manyof them as Hoyt has the Vectrix.

Hoyt is just a bigger name and company right now.Maybe not on this forumbut overall throughout the country,I believe this to be true.I could be wrong,it happened once before.[8D]

Old 02-22-2007, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

The dealer I bought my Bowtech Allegiance off of Sunday carries Hoyt, Reflex, Matthews and of course Bowtech. What bow does he use? He has a 04' Bowtech, an 06' Bowtech, and an 07' Allegience. Another shop has Hoyt, Reflex and Bowtech. His bow?

Every manufacturer has had problems with limbs. PSE's laminated limbs usedtomalfunction on some bows (Watched a freind's bow do that right on front of me). Lately on forums I've read about Matthew's limbs cracking. Heard that from one dealer that didn't sale Matthews too. However, the place I bought my bow said he hasn't heard anything about the new limbs. Bottom line is I do not think you can find a manufacturer out there that hasn't had, or still has some, limb problems.

If there was an actual problem with the Bowtech limbs Pat would be unable to comment on that issue due to the fact that he works for them. When you join just about any company you sign a confidentiality agreement that states what you can and can not do. If he didcommenthe would be in breach of that contract and probably be terminated. Therefore,I think it's a poor arguement to say that because Pat is not commenting on this issue it must be true. That reminds me of the arguements I had with friends in high school about who they slept with. If they didn't comment it must be true.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Come on Pat, your silence is DEAFENING!!!!! Which is it??? Or are you too busy trying to decide which dealer you want to go after??? Trykon, I hope you do get your bow soon, and you get to enjoy it thoroughly. I am not trying to take anything away from the bow, but I am trying to put forth a little background info on why you may have to wait "forever" to get it.

Original: HeadHunter66

Maybe the reason you can go in and pick up a Vectrix anytime is that not as many people are buying them.
Not likely, there are a lot of them being sold. And productions at Hoyt seems to be doing well near as I can tell. I haven't heard anyone complaining about having to WAIT for a Hoyt Bow.

Nodog,
I am just trying to shed some light on why his waitmay betaking so long, nothing more. Even though the others here think I am bashing BowTech, I am not, I have said very good things about the BowTech bows also, they just keep "missing" that part. Heck, Pat works for them, you wouldn't expect him to be happy when someone is letting out a "corporate secret," would you. Seems he's even trying to find out which dealer I talked to so he can "hush" him (refer to post where he asked what dealer I go to, and offered directions to a dealer that may have bows available, then got mad because I told him to help someone who still hasn't gotten his bow he says he "put money on" almost 2 months ago).

Original: nodog
I've been around for a while and can say that bowtec's limb problems have been so numerous that even I noticed the frequency at which they were happening. I don't even care! Many said that they were being taken care of, but I said how so, It's one thing to have a recall and fix a problem, it's another to keep sending out bad limbs and replace them only after there's a complaint. Some complained of it happening up to 4 times on the same bow.
The statement in the BOLD may be BowTech's salvation. I read on another thread about BowTech using solid limbs, not laminated. Not sure if the cost is that different, but I'd tend to believe that is laminated are better, then a $700 bow should come with laminated limbs. If BowTech's came with laminated limbs, they'd probably be even better, and they are good now. I had a hard time not buying an Allegiance of a co-worker last fall when he offered it up fo $450, and would have if I'd had an extra $450 around. But having a pregnant wife, and all of the unknown expenses I had to look forward to, I opted against that idea. But the bow shot great, and was super fast. Were that bow available today, I'd buy it, even if it IS a BowTech. So don't get me wrong, I am not bashing, just trying to shed light.
I'm not looking to go after any dealers, I was just wanting to verfiy what you're saying (multiple limb problems by said dealer)by checking with our Warranty Dept. to see what they have documented, I do have this capability and it's based on facts, not heresay.

Mylocal dealer (J's Bow Shop)has been on board with BowTech since the very begginging (2000)and he's had to replace two sets of limbs. He also uses a Sure Loc X-Press in his shop...

I've given you the name of a dealer that's had next to no limb problems, why won't you share the name of the dealer that has?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:44 AM

better limbs, that's all we want pat, not blaming it on the press - or anything else - just better limbs.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

I'm not looking to go after any dealers, I was just wanting to verfiy what you're saying (multiple limb problems by said dealer)by checking with our Warranty Dept. to see what they have documented, I do have this capability and it's based on facts, not heresay.

Mylocal dealer (J's Bow Shop)has been on board with BowTech since the very begginging (2000)and he's had to replace two sets of limbs. He also uses a Sure Loc X-Press in his shop...

I've given you the name of a dealer that's had next to no limb problems, why won't you share the name of the dealer that has?
Ok, well, while up in the NW Ohio area, Johnson's in McCutcheonville was the NW dealer that had said the bows were usually back pretty quick.

The guy who had the bow with the busted limb in his shop just reassured me that "Bowtech has excellent customer service, and they would have the bow repaired and back to its owner in 2 wks or less, like they always did."
Pat
Now this guy pretty much solely deals in BowTech/Diamond bows, shoots a BowTech, and let me shoot a few of them in his shop. They are nice bows, like I said, I just would be leary since I've heard of problems with the limbs. Remember, I also said that probably the 2 best bows for forgiveness and speed are both BowTechs, so I'm really not trying to bash. And if you say there isn't a limb problem, that's fine with me, I'll take you at your word.

I do have to ask "Why on earth BowTech hasn't yet gone to laminated limbs?" But if you have a product that is selling so well, sometimes you just don't fix what isn't broken (or rarely broken, at least). As for Matthews, I've heard a handful of horror stories about their customer service, and refusal to fix things because it wasn't a defect, and I've never heard any such about BowTech.

So if you say the Guardians aren't having limb problems, I'll take it they are not. And I do still want to shoot one to see how nice they really do shoot. But I think if I were to buy a BowTech, and Allegiance would be my personal choice.