Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Compound Bows

Old 01-15-2002, 08:41 AM

Default Compound Bows

Ok fella's um still shopping around and want a final opinion of the best forgiving bow on the market today. I plan to mainly hunt,but also may do a little 3-d shooting.Iam looking at the Mathews Q2xl right now. My brother has the FX and loves it.Said he's never shot a group so good,even up to 45 yards.I've checked out a lot of bows around here. They all look so good its kinda hard to decide.I know I don't have to rush,cause I've got until the next bow season rolls around.But would like to have a good idea by spring so that I can get all the bugs worked out of it.Then its: PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! Can't Wait till next season!
Old 01-15-2002, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Compound Bows

From recent board traffic, if I were in your shoes, I'd be looking hard at a Darton with the CPS system...
Old 01-15-2002, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Robmack-

If you're looking at the Q2XL price range- then the world is open to you. You can find just about any bow you want for that price range.

Single cam? Double cam? Short A-to-A? Hunting? Target? Way too many variables for someone to say, "This is the bow for you."

Darton, Hoyt, Merlin, Mathews, Martin, and others- they all make a good product. You may need to define what you're looking for as far as a-to-a, brace height, cam design, etc....

Whatever bow a person owns is the brand that they will generally recommend because they veiw their choice as a good one. For them.

Shoot every bow you can and let that be some influencing guide-

Best of luck....

Edited by - Black Frog on 01/15/2002 10:16:20

Edited by - Black Frog on 01/15/2002 10:17:34
Old 01-15-2002, 01:21 PM

Heck the Q2XL is great, the Hoyt Cybertec looks like a great bow, the FX is a great hunting bow. The main thing is to get the bow that feels best to you, the grip, draw, etc. make sure you really like it before you shell out the money!
Old 01-15-2002, 08:15 PM

If you have the money for the Q2xl and all that time I would recomend shooting every bow you can get your hands on! what works for one person might not work as well for you. shoot em all and pick the one that feels best to you. just for the record I shoot a Q2.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with the Q2XL and that would be at the top of my list for Mathews BUT I am a Hoyt man and you need to give a serious look at the Hoyt Ultratec if you want forgiving and just an alaround joy to shoot.I love mine and let a friend shoot it that shoots a Rival Pro and the first 2 shots he took with it at 25 yards smacked arrows,not bad for just picking up someone elses bow.Seriously though,he is an excellent shot and is quite good and could do that with most bows that fit him as mine does,but he said he loves the way it shoots.Give it a look.
Old 01-16-2002, 02:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-16-2002, 05:30 PM

If you can get your hands on a Merlin, give them a try. I think the webpage is www.merlin-bows.co.uk Take a look at www.dartonarchery.com There are many good bows out there, even take a look at the Carbon Force by highcountry. Good luck on finding your bow.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->
Old 01-16-2002, 08:56 PM

Thoery has it that the longer the brace height the more forgiving the bow is to shooting form imperfections. I'd say you're looking for bow in the right range of the Q2XL(ata length and brace). Try a few similiar bows and go with what feels right for you.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:05 AM

Im with rangeball, check out the darton line you wont be sorry