Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Choosing a Broadhead Easier Than I Thought? >

Choosing a Broadhead Easier Than I Thought?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Choosing a Broadhead Easier Than I Thought?

Old 12-05-2002, 10:00 AM

Default RE: Choosing a Broadhead Easier Than I Thought?

I reported that I had a VERY similar experiance with the slick tricks as huntmup. While I had lost some confidence in them...I decided to look at it a bit further. I am now of the mind, that these WERE fluke problems, and could/would have happened to any head.
There have been many more reports of great performance (even when quartering away) than the few (3?) reports of deflection.
I AM going to give these heads another chance because in MY tests, they simply penetrate BETTER than any other head, AND seem to be tougher than any other head, and fly (for me) as well as a mech head. Again, anything can kill if you put it in the right spot. the slick tricks go where I tell them to go.
My shot went where I told it to go.....but the deer moved on the shot (turned away). It is conceivable that another head might have hit and deflected completely away from the animal...where the slick trick was actually TRYING to stay in. The blunt angle of the blades would try to make it turn into the harder surface (bone) rather than a steep angle trying to push the head AWAY from the harder surface.
ALL I KNOW, is that these heads have worked for MANY hunters, and go where I tell them. I might have been hasty in thinking it was the heads fault when huntmup had the same story....but again, had we both been useing something like a steelforce head, we both might have just had glancing blows....only God knows.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Choosing a Broadhead Easier Than I Thought?

Thanks for clearing that up for me...