Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOWS

Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 PM

Default BOWS

I am new to bowhunting. Just got fit at abowshop, he said 27.5 to 28in draw length with 70#. What kind of bow do I buy, and what kind of fps can iexpect with these measurements. Any comments are welcome good or bad.THANKS
Old 01-19-2007, 10:10 PM

Default RE: BOWS

I'll beat everyone to it and tell you to go back to that proshop and try a multitude of different bows until you find one you like!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:10 PM

? Let's see....Rob wants butter and parmesian cheese.....Greg wants...oh hell, I can't remember.....xtra butter I think....I'll take mine w/ some cajun salt.....

Your 28" draw will yield you some slower than IBO rated speeds, but not to worry. The best recommendation I can give is go back to that shop and shoot every bow on the wall in that range....All you're going to get are opinions. I like Hoyt, the Vectrix is just plain awesome! But the Bowtech Allegiance is sweet as well...

Maybe think twice about a Maaaatthhhh.....MMMAAAAAa.........man, I can't even say it.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mobow means Maaa Maaaa Maaachoos... right? And can I have kettle corn?

Both of these guys are correct, the bow that fits me best may not be the one that feels the best to you. I wouldn't worry too much about the speed (some shops will try to push the fastest bow on you) but more about how the bow feels in your hand. There are lots of quality bows, you'll find one you like. Good luck!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:06 PM

I,m in the same boat
Ive tried a few bows . So far I like the Botech Diamond Tech Hunter Extreme, Very fast and quiet with very little vibes......
Also very resonably priced..[8D]
Old 01-19-2007, 11:08 PM

Forgot to mention . Its Your choice and you may have to live with it for a while , So try as many makes and models as you can before cashing in ...[8D]
Old 01-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Fork Horn

opinions are like ...holes everyone has one I myself am trying to learn as much as I can about the tech end of the sport. Go To the Shop open minded forget the name and shoot the bow.I have 2 Machews the legacy and the outback I thought they were the best then I shot the VECTRIX I cant explain it but I bought it after shooting it only a few times FAntastic smooth no shock all the things they say it is PERFECT. I was able to pull back the 70# on the VECTRIX without a problem the hole draw was smooth and effortless.HoweverIwent with a 60 lb draw weight because I learned it is optimal to shoot the bow at its max rated weight as opposed to getting a 70# and wrenching it down to 60 or so. It gets cold out there and that 70 might not be so easy to pull back with some hunting gear on after sitting inthe tree for a few HRS.I am sure yours will be faster then mine at 70 but don't pull it cause someone said you can pull it cause you want to and your comfortable.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:51 AM
bigcountry

The proshop recommened 70 pounds for a new archer? That one just boggles me. I would start out at 55lbs if it was me.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

First of all set your price range ,then expect to spend 200.00 to 300.00 on accessories

Check every bow in your price range

pick 2 or 3 bow from all the bow's you shot that you liked the best .

Then shoot the 3 over and over

Pick the one that feel's the best to YOU not them

This is your hard earned cash ,so this has to be your decission

Good luck

nubo