Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Guardian set ups - Stabilizers >

Guardian set ups - Stabilizers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guardian set ups - Stabilizers

Old 01-06-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Guardian set ups - Stabilizers

First of all I've done searches trying to find out the answer to my question before posting, if I've missed it, I apologize.

For you guys that already have Guardians or you shop owners that have them in the shop - my question is relating to stabilizers. I've always put one on mainly for vibration and have never really used them for what they are mainly designed for - balance. In the past I've been gulity of researching every other aspect of my hunting set up, but when it came to the stabilizer for some reason I'd just get one without much thought - so I'm turning to you for help.

I've ordered a new Guardian, and like many others have said, the bow I test shot does have a slight kick out at the bottom limb. Therefore I'm looking for a good stabilizer that is as lightweight as possible, and has weight at the end of the stab to balance out the bow and to cause it to fall forward after the shot.

My question - what lengths of stabs and how much weight have you found to work well for this bow? I'm thinking of a carbon doinker, or a Posten, but I really need some advice. Since this will be a hunting bow, I don't want a really long stabilizer, but I may be willing to get one as long as 12" if necessary or if there is an added benefit.

I'll play around with some different stab set ups once my bow comes in, but for now I'm researching accessories and thought I'd see what you guys have found works. I guess my question is what stabilizer would be optimum for this bow?

Thanks

BA

Old 01-06-2007, 11:35 AM

Default RE: Guardian set ups - Stabilizers

I also have a Guardian on order and I'm going to wait until the bow comes in and try some before buying. I have a bunch of stabilizers at home and might have one that willwork fine but I'm waiting untill the bow gets here. I like a stab about 12 inches in length that can be weighted, if it's not right out of the box.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

My Guardian is also on order and I am more than likely going with the 4" Sims S-Coil for that extra bit of silence.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Spike

Check out the Stealth Archery stabilizers.
http://www.stealtharchery.com

They have rave reviews for removing all vibration while stabilizing your bow. They truly are excellent stabilizers even if your bow is as silent as the Guardian. I would put the 4 or 6 inch on the Guardian. The S-coil is great for a cheap vibration reducer though.