Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fed-up with Gander Mountain >

Fed-up with Gander Mountain

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fed-up with Gander Mountain

Old 01-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Fed-up with Gander Mountain

Took my Matthews bow in to have them change the string,and reinstall the peep sight.picked it up and went home.Went out to shoot it yesterday morning.Arrows were hitting everywhere.Measure the tiller and it was off on the bottom limb.reset it to even and rechecked the draw weight.Went out and shot again.A little better but not much.Still hitting everywhere but bulleyes.Took it back and had them go over it.Said they could find no problem when they shot it.I told them this is the 3rd time I've brought a bow to be worked on and had a problem with it.Seems like everytime there is a different person behind the counter working on bows.
Took it to mya bowshop in Norwich and worked on it for 10 minutes and gave me a chance to shoot it right there.1st 3 arrows bulleyes.Asked what he did .Said timed the cams,said the bottom one was a quarter inch off from the top one.
My question has anyone else had a bad service problem with Gander Mountain?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fed-up with Gander Mountain

TAke it straight to the pro-shop next time before all the problems start. After two previous trips with problems, I don't think I would have given them a third chance. I'm glad for you that it got fixed.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:39 AM

problem is this

gander mountain = box bows

H.S kids setting up bows of just some guy that seems like he is knowledgeable. You think I would bring my brand new Tribute to Gander mtn to have it set up LOL???? That would be like bringing your pickup to walmart for a new tranny.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Spike

Love your pro shop!! And all your problems seem to go away.Buy from a box store get box service.
Buy from a PRO SHOP GET PRO SERVICE NUFF SAID
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ill second that TC!
My son took a rifle there and had them mount scope rings,and put the scope on(which he had bought there)Allong with bore sighting.I couldnt believe they charged 50.00 for bore sighting.
We went to the range and found that the rounds were hitting 12 inches low at 100yds.We trier to make the mechanical adj. and there wasnt any left.it was maxed out.You would think the smithy would have been sure there was some movement available.Is it just me or is gander mountain like fast food.I do like some stuff they have,But there not touching my bows or guns again.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Walked into one for the first time this year looking for 3 items , they had nothing I could use , I did not like their store setup or inventory . The impresion I got was they were a store catering to mostly bird hunters with big dollar over under shootguns and the like . I have been to cabelas and basspro and either of them are far and away better stores IMO . Even my ripoff local gunshop is way better and better priced than they are , and thats a joke .
Old 01-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Said timed the cams,said the bottom one was a quarter inch off from the top one.
That's an interesting fix for a single cam bow.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pro shops generally are more expensive but you pay for better service IMO. Well worth the extra $50.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 AM

Your mistake was buying the bow from anyplace other than a CREDIBLE Pro-Shop. Notice, I say CREDIBLE Pro-Shop, not just any schmuck who has a ghetto shop in his garage, but a credible and well established Pro-Shop.
Walmart, Dicks, Bass Pro, and Gander Mountain, though they have a few (note: very few) archery techs who know what they are doing, mostly just chuck $hit together and send you out the door. Good luck getting follow up help in tuning and form.
Of course, some will say it costs them much less to buy the bow there (Gander). I counter this with, "When you end up going to a Pro-Shop and paying the initial 100$ service charge cause you didnt buy the bow from them and you need someone who actually knows what they are doing to service it, it will seem as if you ended up paying more at the larger store than at the Pro-Shop."
Old 01-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

That's an interesting fix for a single cam bow...
That's exactly what I was thinking. That ROUND idler wheel was a bit off-time? [8D]

Quick Reply: Fed-up with Gander Mountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.