Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrow Rest Question >

Arrow Rest Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Rest Question

Old 12-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Arrow Rest Question

I have been using a NAP smart rest on both my Hoyt Vectrix and my Bowtech Tribute. Both are shooting good groups, but I noticed the one on theVectrix has what looks to be a little wear on the inside edge of the V (the side next to the riser) and also some faint rub marks at the top of the V on both sides. Looks the the vanes are rubbing. Again I'm shooting good groups and arrow flight seems to be ok. The Bowtech shows none of these concerns and has been on that bow longer than the Trykon..Now the Vectrix. Should I ignore it and shoot it or have the proshop look at it? Also anyone shooting a Vectrix have a better rest in mind?
Old 01-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Arrow Rest Question

Thanks for all your help
Old 01-01-2007, 09:19 AM

LOL ! I don't shoot a hoyt . but I would try raising your nock a little see what happens. or drop the rest a tad.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd certainly be taking a serious look at it. Obviously there is some sort of contact and this is simply not acceptable for flawless flight and maximum accuracy. I'll be putting a TR Drop Zone on my Vectirx becasue they have worked so perfectly on my previous Hoyt rigs including my Trykon. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 01-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

How far along in the draw cycle does the rest come up? Most say that the last 2" inches of the draw is when the rest should be activated. I've never been a big proponent of raising the nock point to get clearance. To me, thats throwing the bow out of tune. Of course if you get bullet holes in paper, its not. Doesn't this rest have a way of adjusting the speed of the drop?
Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Host of Hosts

Doesn't this rest have a way of adjusting the speed of the drop?
Yes it does have an adjustment for speed which I turned up last night. I think it may have helped, but not sure yet. I've only put a dozen shots through it today, I was a little busy. I'll let you know how it turns out after I shoot it a bit more. You'd think by the way this bow is shooting that everything was perfect, I can't imagine it shooting any more accurate than it is.