Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

any advice

Old 12-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Spike

Default any advice

im buying a new bow and im going to either get a drop away rest or a whisker biscuit, what do u guys think is better all i have heard is that the WB slows your fps.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 PM

Default RE: any advice

Anything will work Complete fletch contact or absoutely no fletch contact,, take your pick and defend it with all your might
Old 12-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally like ZERO fletch contact. I've been very happy with all of my drop away rests!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:54 PM

I' have the whisker biscuit and will be going to the QAD drop away rest.
The WB is tough on fletches, in fact, the pro shop asks if you use a WB when refletching arrows so they can add an additional drop of glue on the leading edge.
I like it and all, just like tinkering with things. And among some other changes this off-season, switching rests is on my list.
I also just think there has to be some miniscule effect on ovewrall performance when all of the fletches are "interfering" with the shot, every time.

Go with the drop away.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: starzz

im buying a new bow and im going to either get a drop away rest or a whisker biscuit, what do u guys think is better all i have heard is that the WB slows your fps.
You really can't go wrong with either, just make sure it's set up right.

Personally, I like the Whisker Biscuit rest. Once set up it's rock solid, no moving parts and accurate. Depending on the bow, arrows, fletchings, etc...you will see some loss in speed. I lost approx. 2-3 fps when I switched from a prong style rest, hardly enough to loose sleep over.

I only huntso for me it's a no brainer. I like the simplicity and durability of it. I know it will work no matter how cold,(yeah even if it's freezing rain out), or how hot, or how many times I have shot through it. No need for mole skin all over my bow and no issues with timing, nothing to wear out.

I have no vane damage and I shoot 4in el cheapo vanes, maybe I'm just lucky but I'd like to think I set it up correctly with the right size opening for the arrowsizeI'm shooting. I've never had a problem with noise that some have experienced, that's not to say it's 100% quiet, but the noise it does make ondraw has yet to spook even the closest of deer I have shot.

I never hang my bow when I hunt, it's always in my hand. I can lay it across my lap or hold it pointing straight down and I never worry about the arrow falling off because it can't. If I move my bow I don't have to worry about bumping the arrow off with my knee or anything else for that matter. Even if I were to bump it (I have) the arrow just pops back into place without even touching it. I can draw and let down an infinite amount of times without having to reset anything or put my arrow back into it's little holder glued to the shelf

It's one piece of equipment on my bow that I never worry about, a fantastic hunting rest no doubt.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

I had a WB on my old bow and got a new bow this year, went with a drop away. I don't miss my WB one bit.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

I love my whisker biscuit. I am new to bowhunting and I have never tried anyother rests, but I dont know if I ever will. Its simple and easy to use and being new at this I need all the help I can get from my gear
Old 12-22-2006, 05:34 PM

Agreed with BigJ12 and davs2601