Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 7 year old daughter wants bow (christmas) >

7 year old daughter wants bow (christmas)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

7 year old daughter wants bow (christmas)

Old 11-21-2006, 06:05 PM

Default RE: 7 year old daughter wants bow (christmas)

Well it also depends on what your intensions are in it. If you just want to get her something to tinker or get familiar w/ archery. go w/ a recurve or genises. If your looking for something that she can grow into and hunt w/. I'd go w/ the micro-midas III, micro-adrenalin, or martins tigress bow. good luck !!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

i want to get her a bow with let-off so she has more time to aim...
I'm notone who thinkstaking longer to aim is a good ideaanyway. One of the bad side effectsof high letoff is too many guys taking way too long to aim. Muscles get tired, the sights start wobbling and they keep trying to aim. Nothing good comes of aiming for a long time. IMO, if the shot isn't gone within 10-15 seconds after you hit anchor, you're better off letting down, taking a couple of deep breathsand starting over.

...and because its not as physically demanding since shes a girl.
You are one brave sonuvagun, coming right out in front of God and everybody, saying something like THAT. One of these lady archers around here just might decide you need your ears pinnedbackover that comment. [8D]

After doing some coaching inpeewee league soccer, I can tell you for a fact that most girls that age can whip most boys. Not to mention they learn quicker, because they are more patient and concentrate better. Don't sell your baby short, just because she's a girl. She can handle any physical challenge a seven year old boy can.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:36 AM

well, i took her to a bow shop and she could barely holt up the bear bow and couldnt pull it back. it was set at 29 pounds but could go down to 20. also it is a very heavy bow, twice as heavy as the other childrens bows out on the market today.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd try more like7 - 10 pounds pull. My son used a 20 pound selfbow from age9 to 10.At 11he moved to a 30 pound. Myuses a 25 pound recurve.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:52 AM

i seen this little girl that was pulling back a bowtech rascal like it was nothing at the bowtech shop. her big sister was getting a bow but she was 6 or 7 and she could pull back 20. the bowtech rascal is small too but it can go up to 29 lbs. and is a good bow.