Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 blazers vs vanes >

blazers vs vanes

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

blazers vs vanes

Old 11-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: blazers vs vanes

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

DNK, Blazers aren't any taller than regular vanes, they just get that tall quicker.
The vanes on my FMJ that came on the shafts measure .2" shorter than Blazers some others are .1" shorter. Duravane and Easton's specs are .5" for a 4" vane and Blazers are .6". I guess they are close enough to be called the same but I cannot shoot Blazers cock feather up without fletching contact. I get good broadhead flight, do you think I am doing something wrong? Sorry about the hijacking!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:09 AM

Don't worry about it Dnk. I'm hear to learn about this.What kind of rest are you shooting? I currently shoot a WB. Going to switch to a drop away. I should not have any problems with clearance with a drop away rest.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I'm using the Hoyt drop-away rest. Identical to the NAP Quick Tune Smart Rest. Good rest and the only problem I've had is to carve a bit of plastic from the right side of the rest forn clearance. I only have the problem with Blazers, donno why and don't care, shoots great now. Oh yeah, on my Jennings, I use the Ultra Rest and have had no clearance problems at all.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:44 PM

DNK, without seeing your set up, I couldn't answer for sure....Possibly bow torque is causing you need your rest shifted too far toward the riser, I dunno....I laid a Blazer on top of a Duravane, and they were the same......05 and .06......I wouldn't see the difference anyway....

But like you said, if itis shooting good....oh well.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:27 PM

blazers are awesome. i cant wait to try them on my new bow. gettin a hoyt trykon next week!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:28 AM

I have a question regarding these Blazer Vanes. I notice on Bohning's site that they have the Blazers AND a "target" vane called the "X" vane. My question would be directed to anyone that shoots target, what, if any, difference is there from using the Blazer to the X vane?? IS there really any benefits to using the X vane for target shooting as to using the Blazer instead??

Just trying to determine what the advantage would be from one over the other..... Thx!

Hoping that maybe someone has tried both versions and can reply to this