Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 blazers vs vanes >

blazers vs vanes

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

blazers vs vanes

Old 11-13-2006, 06:07 AM

Default blazers vs vanes

Which do you guys prefer to shoot? I'e always shot vanes and am thinking about trying blazers. Is there any advantage to this? Does one of the other work better with mechanical broadheads?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:31 AM

Default RE: blazers vs vanes

mechanical broadheads
theirs no real need for blazers . but i use the mini blazers for 3-d also. I think blazers cut the wind better then a regular vane. if you try them do your homework on how to fletch them they require alot of arrow prep. work.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I find Blazers to work great and I doubt I'll ever go back to vanes. I don't do any more prep for Blazers than I do for any other fletch and have no problems. These Blazers are pretty tough. They can really take a beating.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Fork Horn

if your not shooting feathers then blazers are def the way to go and they requireLESS prep then most vanes because the bottom is treated already. they will shoot faster and a little flatter then a standard vane but feathers have them all beat i gain 5+ yrds with one pin shooting feathers over blazers and about 2-3 yrds with blazers over standard 4".
Old 11-13-2006, 11:20 PM

I prefer the blazers as well. They shoot like darts and the company is a pleasure to deal with. No complaints and plenty of venison in the fridge.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

just get a free sample and try them out. i got mine within a week of calling and then two weeks later i got a second packshipping mistake i guess.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

The only problem I've experienced using Blazer Vanes is clearance. They are taller, therefore need more clearance to the cables on my Ultra Tech.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Putting it simple Blazers are vanes.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:42 PM

I'll just say this. I did a little test. I had 2 arrows, same weight, same BH, (well, the weight was VERY close, but due to the difference in fletching weight, they varied a couple grains.) I fletched 1 w/ 5" feathers, and one w/ 2" Blazers. From 25 yards, I shot the feather fletched arrow into a deer target. Then I shot the Blazer fletched arrow into the deer target and shaved off one of the feathers from the first. They fly perfectly, no question. I shoot them out to 60 yards w/ BH's attached and they are just fun to watch. Smooth as glass. Moral of the story? Blazers work great, no doubt about it.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM

DNK, Blazers aren't any taller than regular vanes, they just get that tall quicker.

Quick Reply: blazers vs vanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.