Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

awful article

Old 10-26-2006, 11:07 AM

Default RE: awful article

i can admit i got a little hot under the collar, pro shop bashing in my book, is something none of us should do, we are all on the same team, not taking sides.

iknow i am new to this forum, but have long history at others. someones # of posts ona forum in no way reflects someones knowledge or ability.a majority of thetop pro shooters only post a few times a year. if they only had 20 posts, and gave advice, and you didn't know who they were, blowing them off would be a mistake because maybe you didn't knowthey had 20 championship titles under there belt.something to think about. also recieving it poorly causes them to post less, then everyone loses out as well. i also know a lot of great shooters that donothing with there bows but shoot them. they say " i am an archer, not a bow mechanic", and alot do all their own work. but somewhere in the beginning they were probably invovled with a pro shop.

and this is the last i will mention the arcticle, but it could of been done with alot more tact. the approach of "if you need to". but the experience at a (good) shop is priceless.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

i've told the local shop owner myself that he should just tell people like i do, that until you can hit the same dot at 30 yards almost every time, there is only so much tuning we can do to your bow. w/ a 3" or 4" groupat 30 yds there are most likely a lot of form issues, and a good tune requires good form. you get a lot of folks w/ inconsistant form that think a bow ='s a rifle - sight it in and shoot - and its not like that. it takes practice and consistant form to be able to tune your bow.

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i agree, well written. form and correct shooting habits are a whole other topic.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

I agree 100% with Gibblet.

I also agree 100% with you about people equating the number of posts you have regarding experience in the field. The number of posts has no bearing on the knowledge of the individual posting.
Why it keeps being brought up is completely foolish in my book.

I like to do things myself. I also will support a "good" pro shop on occassion when it is warranted ie; Gibblet strings!

It reminds me of what Burt Reynolds said in Smoky and the Bandit......"Everyone is a genius in their own field." Why that stuck in my head alllll these years is beyond me but it is comical when you think about it.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.