Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

awful article

Old 10-25-2006, 10:27 AM

Default awful article

http://www.huntingnet.com/articles/articles.aspx?articles_id=511

is this the type of bow set-up advice that is available on this site?
this article is awful!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:43 AM

Default RE: awful article

what about

arrow spine
point weight
flecthing contact
draw weight
tiller
cam timing
group tuning
broadhead tuning
bare shaft tuning
correct arrow length's
drop away rest's do not solve problems
peep sight

buying new accessories?

how about shooting instructions
learning to shoot correctly is best investment anyone can make.

paper tuning, you must be able to shoot consistently

having your own bow shop will cost you way more
than taking it to a reputable pro shop. the one talked about in this
article is surely not reputable. how about planning on the part of the bowhunter, and not taking their bow in a week before the season starts.
pro shops are open all year round.

these are just a few, last but not least, practice doesn't make perfect.
perfect practice makes perfect. can you say your perfect, could you benefit from help?
Old 10-25-2006, 04:08 PM

you know what I say..... Feel free to make a better article if that one is not satisfactory to you!!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:52 PM

The only thing I saw was a customer not happy with his pro shop. I personally have never had that issue. After a bow is set up he makes the customer shootthe bow there. to get it fine tuned. If time is the issue. As far as the customer not having the time to fine tune it at the pro shop. Its not the pro shops fault. This is the time of the year that shops are super buisy. And you might waitea week. Thats why I learned years ago to work on my own stuff. Which not all can do. You have to take what you get.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:46 PM

Seeing as how you joined, uhh, today, you might want to be a bit respectful as there are many here who have volumes to offer. If you have a question, just ask, many here are more than willing to help the genuine and grateful. The bull in a china shop on day one might not be the best approach.

If you need help with 80% of the things you mentioned above. A great resource is the Eason Tuning Guide. It a PDF and is free for the download. I am no expert, however that guide has helped me tons.

Happy Hunting!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Tarsalius

Seeing as how you joined, uhh, today, you might want to be a bit respectful as there are many here who have volumes to offer. If you have a question, just ask, many here are more than willing to help the genuine and grateful. The bull in a china shop on day one might not be the best approach.

If you need help with 80% of the things you mentioned above. A great resource is the Eason Tuning Guide. It a PDF and is free for the download. I am no expert, however that guide has helped me tons.

Happy Hunting!

i joined today because i get emails from this site and decided to check it out today. after reading the article that was sent i was disgusted, on how some can put a 6 page article onpro shop bashing.

so let me answer your questions, i am very much aware of easton's tuning guide, and have been for years. thanks for the suggestion. geniune, i am, expressing my deep feelings for what is wrong with a % of the people in our sport. that person was no were near qualified to write that article.
only a small amount of people are capable of tuning there bow correctly.on their own.
someone posted above that seems to support my thoughts.

some good spots

www.archerytalk.com

pse forums, send nathan brooks or eric griggs some questions, these guys are at the highest level of archery.

penny wise dollar foolish

support a local pro shop, they are there to help, go to a local 3d shoot, a local state shoot, talk to the people, ask them for help in finding a pro shop. learn to be a great shot, make great shots on animals, take away the excuses of why you missed, let them show you it is not your equipment, but maybe thats why thereare articles like that one."i missed that big buck, i better practice tuning my bow some more", thats crap learn how to shoot, gizmos are just that.

an experienced shooter can take a compound from 1985, and make cleaner shots than someone with a the latest and greatest junk. and how did he get experienced, probably started at a pro shop.

not trying to be a "bull", but if you let ignorance go to long unchecked it causes problems for everyone. i am grouped into the sameclass as the article writer "bowhunter"

elavate the game
Old 10-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ya he may have joined today but he makes a legitimate point

and from the looks of things every one here are classified as FAWN!
every one is entitled to their opinion right or wrong.

IMO the author did leave out some things but what he did write about was accurate information and well written

Old 10-26-2006, 04:11 AM

support a local pro shop, they are there to help
I would ammend this to "Support a local bow shop, that is deserving of support." You see, some are just plain terrible, others that are mediocre and a few that deserve and earn their money.

Hopefully, everyone has enough in their area to choose from.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

that article may be bad...but itll get you somewhat started. you have to realize there are whole BOOKS written on the subject that STILL leave stuff out. so many diffrent things and diffrent methods of doing it all. i enjoy working on my own gear and plan on setting up a mini shop. i wont have it ALL. but when i buy new sites, rest, string loop, refletch etc why not do it myself?? shops are great. but sometimes finding a good one can be hard. and what happens when there IS no shop around/open/or that isnt packed and your bow needs a little fine tuning? you going to sit the opener out or you going to know how to fix it??
Old 10-26-2006, 07:14 AM

i've told the local shop owner myself that he should just tell people like i do, that until you can hit the same dot at 30 yards almost every time, there is only so much tuning we can do to your bow. w/ a 3" or 4" groupat 30 yds there are most likely a lot of form issues, and a good tune requires good form. you get a lot of folks w/ inconsistant form that think a bow ='s a rifle - sight it in and shoot - and its not like that. it takes practice and consistant form to be able to tune your bow.

Quick Reply: awful article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.