Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 JUST AWFUL. PLEASE READ >

JUST AWFUL. PLEASE READ

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

JUST AWFUL. PLEASE READ

Old 01-24-2005, 09:56 AM

Default JUST AWFUL. PLEASE READ

I know deer & duck season is coming to an end, but I wanted to share this with all my fellow hunt'en buddies. I'm going to try to post this on all the forums but I'm not sure how to did it, if one of you guys know how please do. We had a tragedy were I live this weekend. A good friend of mine, well know in the communtiy, died from a hunting accident this weekend. He was hunting with some friends of his and they were all supposed to meet back @ a certain time for breakfast. Well, when he didnt return his friends got worried, so his son, which is 20 or 21 years old and very close to his father, went to look for him. Unfortunatlly he found him dead. I havent got the full story of exactlly how it happened, but all I know he had an entrance GSW somewhere around his abdominal area and an exit in his head. They have completely ruled out sucidie and homicide. And like I said I still dont know if he fell from his tree stand, or if the gun fell, or if he was letting the gun down and it slipped and fell or what. All I know is that he is dead & he left behind a wife and 2 kids. I think all of us take life for granted sometimes, and I hate to gloom everyone's day with this story but I wanted to tell everyone so each time all of us step into the woods hunting, or whatever were doing, ALWAYS think safety first and please be careful. I have been a ER nurse for over 7 years now and have seen alot of people come in with broken necks and backs. Everytime someone asks me how these people sustained these injuries they normally assume that most of them are from car accidents or something else to do with cars, but out of the last 8 people I have seen with a broken neck or a broken back, I know @ least 5 of them resulted from falling from a treestand while hunting. Again sorry to gloom everyones day but I just wanted to share this with everyone.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: JUST AWFUL. PLEASE READ

Sorry to hear that.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear about. He either broke the rules of gun safety or tree stand safety from the sounds of it.[:'(]
Old 01-24-2005, 10:12 AM

Yea, that was my thought charlie p.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:14 AM

[&:]
Old 01-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

OH my
Old 01-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm very sorry to hear of this tragedy,my condolences to his family.

nubo
Old 01-24-2005, 01:37 PM

I had a friend, using a Knight muzzeloader with 2 safety mechanisms, slip on ice one day as he walked into his house. The gun somehow discharged, hit him under the chin, exited the top of his head, right there in front of his family. Dead instantly and a damn shame too, fine man.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:49 PM

sorry to hear that. i have heard that EXACT story before im havin deaj vu. but what is a GSW?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:54 PM

Sorry. GSW is (gun shot wound). Thats some of that ER medical jargon crap.

Quick Reply: JUST AWFUL. PLEASE READ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.