Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2007 Bowtech Guardian........ >

2007 Bowtech Guardian........

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2007 Bowtech Guardian........

Old 10-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2007 Bowtech Guardian........

I can't believe this hasn't made it over here yet. Looks like Bowtech came out with something exciting and brand new once again, I am excited to hear more about this design and the benefits of it. I think it's great to see them not afraid to break the mold with a new design. Cabling still appears to be a true binary even though cam profile seems to have changed a bit.

Can Bowtech_Shooter or Matt / PA explain the specific benefits of this new riser design? I am anxious to hear specs on this bad boy too.........

If you guys cannot comment on this stuff yet, can you share what date you can provide more info?

Old 10-17-2006, 01:34 PM

Default RE: 2007 Bowtech Guardian........

Can you say "ugliest new bow of 2007?"
Old 10-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that is one interesting looking rig. I am also curious to hear the benefits/reasoning for that particular design. Way to be on top of the new things Rick!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Can you say "ugliest new bow of 2007?"
Who cares what it looks like. If the design is technically superior I would use it despite looks. Now I just need to find a way to get Bowtech into the shop so that I am allowed to play with one again............[8D]

Edit - I would kill to get some video of this bow being shot........
Old 10-17-2006, 01:53 PM

I care.

I like equipment that not only performs well but is nice to look at too.

The only thing I can think that this design would do, just from the pictures, would be reduce vibration.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can Bowtech_Shooter or Matt / PA explain the specific benefits of this new riser design?
Not officially yet......the bow is awesome, the performance is awesome and I personally love the looks.If you take the time to study the design a bit beyond the outward appearance some of the benefits are very obvious and staring right at you.

The picture was never meant to hit the magazine edition that it did. It was a mistake on the Media group's part.
As far as I'm concerned the release date is still a little ways off.

Enjoy the pic though, you guys certainly lucked out on this one.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:04 PM

Looks like they can get more extreme limb pocket angles without having to put major pre stress in the limbs. Is that center pivot piece fixed, or does it move along with the limb? Very interesing design.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Looks like they can get more extreme limb pocket angles without having to put major pre stress in the limbs. Is that center pivot piece fixed, or does it move along with the limb? Very interesing design.
I am guessing the same thing. I predict because of less preload on the limbs that they have MUCH fewer limb problems, the same or better speed, and less limb twist problems. Again, this is all speculation because I certainly am not an engineer but I am anxious to hear more when the bowtech guys get the green flag to discuss it openly.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am guessing the same thing. I predict because of less preload on the limbs that they have MUCH fewer limb problems, the same or better speed, and less limb twist problems. Again, this is all speculation because I certainly am not an engineer but I am anxious to hear more when the bowtech guys get the green flag to discuss it openly.
Here's a hint......you're lookingtoo hard for the true benefits.
(That's all you're getting.)
Old 10-17-2006, 02:15 PM

Looks like the free moving "brace" would move inward during the draw cycle as the limbs flex.

Quick Reply: 2007 Bowtech Guardian........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.