Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2007 Bowtech Guardian........ >

2007 Bowtech Guardian........

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2007 Bowtech Guardian........

Old 10-17-2006, 02:18 PM

Default RE: 2007 Bowtech Guardian........

I'll guess the "ture benefits" are more accuracy and forgiveness with a deflex riser geometry and less limb torque.

Sure hope they are cranking them out by the hundreds NOW!!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:19 PM

Looks like split limbs too. And if the center pivot design moves as you draw the bow, there will be very little limb travel and this thing will be very QUIET.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't posted on here in quite a while. Been hovering, but thats about it. However, this surely got my attention. This design, while I see its benefits is gonna be tough for me to except! I thought Hoyt had funkiest riser covered....they better step up.

Just by observing the photo, it appears that back truss has a pivot pin in it. To me, something to rattle loose and make noise over time. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Is this Bowtechs way of addressing the so called limb issues that so many faithful have been denying? Who knows? I'll definitely shoot one when I get a chance. I'm kinda kicking the idea around of unloading my 05 Allegiance for a shiney new model. I'm hoping 07 gives us a smoother E cam.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like something to look forward to shoot at the ATA show in Jan...
Old 10-17-2006, 03:31 PM

Call me stupid, blind, or what-ever.. I do not care, but I actually am intreagued and really like the looks of that bow.

I am not that tech savy, and I may be seeing things that are not in the picture, But it looks like some type of adjustments along the limbs, and just visualizing a little it seems that if a couple of things are how they looked to me, then you can break that bow completely down..... never needing a bow press of any kind.Dead level nock travel. Long brace height. Zero shock. Past parallel limbs.

Am I just stupid or hallucinating too?

I have the feeling that this is either going to cost me big time repayment to the wife, or else I'm gonna be announcing my divorce after I buy one.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:35 PM

Looks to me like it's going to weigh a ton. I don't expect it'll be going on many goat hunts.[:'(]
Old 10-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see any more metal than any other long riser/parallel limb bow. I don't see it weighing in more than anything else out there in the popular hunting bows that are out there.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:55 PM

It seems to me that maybe, possibly the poundage could be changed w/o cam change. It appears that the two inner limbs are moveable along the limb maybe changing poundage easily. Notice no limb pockets with poundage screw. Hence longer draw lengths = longer ata.

Just a thought!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Just casually looking at the picture, it seems the pivoting arm in the center of the limbs will strengthen and give more support to the limbs while minimilizing limb twist and at the same time give more cast. No specs yet, but I am guessing this bow is smokin fast? I may give it a trial, just hope its not too dang expensive.

Whatever, you are going to have to pry my cold, dead fingers from my Patriot.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:18 PM

Heck i'm no engineer either...but it looks like the "inner Riser Arms" may act as a built in STS for the limbs, making it very silent and shock free... and the brace height looks very forgiving...but then again what the heck do i know...

Quick Reply: 2007 Bowtech Guardian........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.