Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
SNYPER PENETRATION...WOW!! >

SNYPER PENETRATION...WOW!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

SNYPER PENETRATION...WOW!!

Old 11-13-2002, 05:40 PM
JPS

Default SNYPER PENETRATION...WOW!!

Today I took my second doe of the year with the same Snyper I took the first one with,I just put new blades on it.Anyways,the doe I shot today was 12 yards with a sharp quartering away shot.The arrow entered at the last rib and broke it in half leaving a huge entrance hole,it continued through the deer breaking the forth rib from the front in half and coming out at the front leg.Then it went through the front leg completely and stuck in the ground about 2".The tip blade was bent from hitting a rock but other than that it is ready to go again after new blade replacement.Im really impressed with this head seeing that I have used Muzzys for years and swore I would never switch to expandables.This year I decided to give them a try.Anyone else having these kind of results?

Old 11-13-2002, 08:19 PM

Default RE: SNYPER PENETRATION...WOW!!

I shot an 8-pointer about a month ago with Snypers, twice actually. Both shots were pass-thrus in the vitals, and both arrows were quite stuck in the ground when I retrieved them. I loved the penetration I got, but I was less than impressed with the size of the entrance and exit holes. I'm going back to my tried and true JakHammers. They leave a hole on both sides that's devastating.

Rod
Old 11-15-2002, 07:36 AM

Tried Snyper broadheads this year for the first time and was amazed at how well they worked. Shot a deer in Iowa two weeks ago and can't say I've seen an entrance wound as large as the one the Snyper caused on this deer. Deer ran 40 yards bleeding out the whole way. Made a believer out of me.
Old 11-16-2002, 03:59 PM

The entrance wounds that I have gotten on deer this year with Snypers are amazing! The are abot 3" long and oval in shape. I am amazed at how fast the deer went down!