Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Center shot on Tribute? >

Center shot on Tribute?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Center shot on Tribute?

Old 09-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Center shot on Tribute?

Well Campo and I had a tuning session tonight.......I am curious to know where you tribute owners are finding centershot. Anyone willing to measure for me so I have a good place to start? I am looking for measurement from the riser to your rests center point (if drop away then in the up position). I had a dropzone guide series on an 05 Allegiance riser that worked perfectly, however this Tribute seems to not allow for quite enough adjustment out of the regular dropzone he has.......just wondering if it's me or if its actually the rest.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Center shot on Tribute?

Rick, My arrows are currently in my shed,holding a straight edge against the string & rest I get 7/8". My regular old run of the mill Drop Zone is working with plenty of room to adjust either direction.
I know when the shop placed my stuff on the bow he lazer centered the rest and through walk back tuningI tweaked it towards the riser a touch.

I'm not sure what that says about my arrows, set-up or hand position, but I did it.

FWIW, the windage line is set on the seventh adjustment line from the right side of the rest if you are holding the bow.

There is one more windage hole left for my rest, the holding bolt is currently in the second from right hole.

Good luck with it, let me know if this helps.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rick, take this for what it's worth... but I just went and put my Trib in the vise and measured for you -- the best I could. I can't manually lift the Muzzy up without taking it all apart, soI just kind of "eyeballed" it for you in its current position. I would think that centershot would remain the same; the rest would only lift straight up. As it is, it's about 11/16 from the riser.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

They generally run around 13/16"-7/8".
Old 09-16-2006, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys......this is appreciated.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Using an old Ace hardware 25' flexible steel tape could account for the difference from mine to what Pat said was the norm. That, and I do have a layer of moleskin applied to the riser too, though I doubt it's a 1/16" thick.