Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alpine Bows

Old 01-13-2002, 11:29 AM

Default Alpine Bows

Any Alpine bow owners in here? Comments on them please.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:07 PM

Default RE: Alpine Bows

all I know is they got a mathews cam system on them.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Rob,

I have two Alpine bows, but currently shoot a Ultra max. I have a brand new Teton-lite that has never had a thing attached to it or shot,...still in box (long story). Also I have a Silverado that I purchased ~1991 at Anderson's archery clinic in Grand Ledge Michigan when they came out with the first T-6061 Aluminum riser along with High Country.

Man thats been a long time ago!!!! I remember seeing Noel Feather with his full mounts that year!!!,...And,.... Bob McGuire!!!!! What ever happened to Bob?? Anyone know?? He was,...as I recall the founder of "deer vocalizations"!!
Old 01-15-2002, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pa ,I don't think you are correct in saying they use a Mathews cam.They have a wider cam,so the groove in their cam can be wider,a full 1/4" wide I believe.Maybe they used to use a Mathews cam but not anymore.Their cam also has a bearing like Idler wheels and not bushings.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, the December/January issue of Peterson's Bowhunting had a favorable report on Alpine's new bow with the wide track grooves and reverse pivot (I think that's that they called it) limb pockets.... You may want to check it out if you can find a copy. They had nothing but good things to say...
Old 01-16-2002, 10:28 AM

Rob,

I have used and owned alpine bows before they were alpines. I live 70 miles north of alpine headquarters here in Idaho. Since the 80's I have owned four. Currently I have two alpines and one clearwater mag. Clearwater archery was once operated by two fellas....they split and alpine was formed by one of the partners. My new bow the Sidewinder 2000 model incorperates the wide track system. The bow is extremely fast and flat shooting and very forgiving. It is by far the nicest bow I have owned. In the past Alpine used Mathews cams. I am not sure if they still do since their induction of the widetrack series. Also, alpine makes, in my opinion the best quiver system on the market. Its call the soft loc system. You can buy a one or two piece. It serves as a noise dampener along with a quiver. It is very user friendly and attaches and removes without a sound. I have had the Clearwater mag, alpine Rebel, teton classic and now I use the sidewinder. By far the wide track series is my favorite. Good luck I hope this helps.

IHW,
Shed
Old 01-16-2002, 05:34 PM

tfox maybe I'm mistaking if so sorry , I looked at one & the cam caught my eye last year it was. I noticed the ersha disk in the cam & the guy told me that they bought the patten from mathews./ I wish mathews would use bearings in their idler wheel .