Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 A quick bow setup how-to... >

A quick bow setup how-to...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A quick bow setup how-to...

Old 09-08-2006, 07:46 AM

Default RE: A quick bow setup how-to...

I just wish you lived closer...i would pay to have my bow tuned that well!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use that set up too Greg. I have been tuning friends bows for several years. I enjoy doing it and then seeing their reaction when they shoot it. Great post.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great post Greg and deserved of the HRAOP so there ya go my friend. And thanks for the Props.

I love that little laser and level system. It's hard to argue against it. If one shoot through paper afterwards and has a bad tear it's either spine or torque of the bow. Either way, a solution needs to be resolved to get a good tear, either stop torquing or get matched arrows. Now it's not the final answer to tuning but I can't argue with results that Greg got there as well as myself after laser tuning many bows here at the house including tkycaller and Q2INWHITETAILS here on HNI.

Q2IN even had me bring them along when I traveled out to his place to shoot a little pop indoor. He had a friend with a Switchback and was having problems. He claimed it was "paper tuned". I put the laser on and showed him how far left his arrow was out of tune, we brought the rest in, the rest up and I had to leave. A phone call the other day told me the guy was absolutely amazed how well his bow is shooting now. He thought I was a tuning God...NOT the case, it's simple with little investment that will make you very happy.

I also recommend the Bowmender from WWAG, thanks Matt and Greg. They turned me on to it, I turned Greg on to these little tuning tools. We're all here to help each other.

Today I picked up a spool of green/black 452X string making material...just like Gibblet, I'm going to have me a cool string as soon as I build it.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg, I'm glad you mentioned that. I had thought I heard somewhere that WWAG had stopped producing them for sale, but I guess I heard wrong.
No, you were actually right... for a while. He HAD stopped making them, but thankfully for bowhunters everywhere, he's back at it again.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:17 PM

Good info!!
Old 09-09-2006, 06:01 AM

I could not tell from the video but does the Bowmender press have protective bushings for the bow's limbs.

I think I may order one soon. Looks like a great product.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I could not tell from the video but does the Bowmender press have protective bushings for the bow's limbs.

I think I may order one soon. Looks like a great product.

Yes, they have clear vinyl tubing over the bolts to protect the limbs.

Iagree with Greg 100% on this. Though I haven't used every presson the market, I have used several different syles andI truly believe the Bowmenderâ„¢ is the best portable press out thereright now as well as the X-Press being the best bench mount press. When a bow ispressed in either of thesepresses thelimbs require less flexthan if they were being drawn to full draw.

Greg,

Greatjob!!!
Old 09-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, what great advice. I just might have to invest in some of these items too. I like my local shop but it's out of my way at times especially if I'm out shooting and I thinks something is wrong.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

AWESOME post!!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, Pat... nice to see ya on here again. Doing anything PBR-related in St. Louis this year?

Quick Reply: A quick bow setup how-to...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.