Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Oneida AF80 - pls help - was a gift and my 1st bow season >

Oneida AF80 - pls help - was a gift and my 1st bow season

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Oneida AF80 - pls help - was a gift and my 1st bow season

Old 08-22-2006, 11:45 PM

Default RE: Oneida AF80 - pls help - was a gift and my 1st bow season

I shoot an Oneida H-500 made in the mid to late 80's it still shots great. Join the Oneida forum http://p102.ezboard.com/bcponeidaeaglebows. There is a wealth of knowledge there that is beyond compare, and a bunch of really great guys to boot. I've learned enough from them that I'm going to completely rebuild and refinish my bow after deer season ends.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oneida Aeroforces are one of the smoothestOneidas made. Capable of 280fps with a hunting arrow, very lethal bow.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:27 AM

Glad to hear that you got set-up. Seems like you are well on your way.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:16 AM

I'll get on that Oneida forum Ronpip. Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate you all helping out a fellow aspiring hunter. Never had the benefit of hunting dad or relatives growing up so going at it kinda solo.

UPDATE: bought my climber last night Summit Goliath X5 got a deal for $230. I really liked the razor for the versatility but the golaith just fit me better. I'm not too fat but at 6' and 225 I just liked the feel of the room. I'm climbing trees in the yard tonight instead of taking the wife out on the town...She's thrilled :-) Also, they had a good simple ameristep laddder they litterally threw in the back of my truck for $59 before I coud say no so that may be a good thing to hvae set up in a good spot this season.

Now all I gotta do is keep shooting. I hvaen't been able to practice so this weekend is definately it.

I'm going to try to get an aerial image of the 20 acres my Uncle is going to let me hunt behind his house in Tennesee. Maybe you'd be interested seeign the area and giving an opinion on placement and quality.

Thanks!