Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Serving for STS? >

Serving for STS?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Serving for STS?

Old 07-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Serving for STS?

This shot shows them inline with the riser-

Old 07-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

like the pics dave, i wish i could use a rear mount.. I have a front mount so i have to run the bumper lower so i can get my wrist strap on easily. I also shoot bout 1/16 gap and have noticed a huge difference. Now i just need to get my string served...

... and stop worrying about how my bow sounds and my arrows fly and focus on form so i can tighten up my groups.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

HuntingED, glad you liked the pics- I was beginning to wonder if people were getting sick of me posting them.
You shouldn't have to wait for the serving tool if you don't want to. Hand serving with proper tension will work since their is no load (loop or nock) on the served area there is less of a concern of it slipping.

I really like the idea of a V-tech with an STS. I loved the way the V-tec drew when compared to the other hoyt offerings, but it was the only29" bow with a 7" brace to bite my wrist out of some odd 12/13 I tried. An STS would cure that.
Once you get it served it should remove some of that thump you are hearing (at least it did for me) and give that tephlon/ nylon washer a try, if it doesn't do any good you might be out fifty cents or so. The only hang up with a washer is you can't get it as tight as without, but this has yet to pose any issues so farwith my bows.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

I just put on a nice shock absortion system from AEP. I saw Nunzio at IBO, in Bedford Pa and his sytem is in line not offset like the STS and it is way less weight than the STS system. DO not take this as a bashing for STS I am just stating how I like the AEP product compared to the STS, I have both, and yes it is quieter than the STS in my opinion. I have about 500 shots though it and I am pleased so far.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:42 PM

We always serve where it hits the string. I have shot one without serving for a few weeks and see a little fray now. Just wanted to test it myself on my bow. I serve just for the extra string protection.