Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TUNING ?

Old 05-22-2006, 06:58 PM

Default TUNING ?

NEVER TRIED TO TUNE A BOW BEFORE, WHERE DO I START ?
06 TRIBUTE WITH A WB.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:27 PM

Default RE: TUNING ?

www.eastonarchery.com and check out the guide to bow and arrow tuning. Very good information. Then head to your pro shop and shoot through some paper and make the required adjustments.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:09 PM
bigcountry

Easton is good but I wouldn't pay much attention to tiller on that document with that bow. Back the limbs out evenly, get you a bow wieght scale, set up rest for clearance (much more depending on rest), set your centershot, set your nock point. Then get out starting shooting thru paper, make adjustments, move on to bare shaft tuning, lower or raise poundage as needed, and then I move to broadhead tuning. Follow the directions, and your set. After you messed it up real good, you gained tons of experience, and run to your local proshop as needed. I have messed up a few myself.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:06 AM

LeEarl Rugland made a video on tuning. It's pretty good at covering the basics and not expensive. He has a website at:

http://www.thesportsmenswayout.com/

I didn't see anything on the site about how to buy the tuning video, but you can go through there to contact him to ask him about it. He was selling it on Archery Talk a while back. Much of the information is the same as the Easton guide.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:25 AM

I second LeEarls video. One of the most helpful tools that i have ever used. Learned MANY things from in and its at a very good price!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have LeEarls video and it is excellent but really does not adress the binary cams much.
First I would determine if the timing dots on your modules are even and at factory spec.
Next measure your ATA and brace.
If all that is to spec then paper test it.
Your paper tear will tell you how to adjust your rest and nock point.
When you are getting clean bullets then you can move on to the
walk back tuning and group tuning described in the video.