Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String loops

Old 05-14-2006, 10:03 AM

Default String loops

I was just wondering if most people used string loops or just clipped onto their bowstring. I guess the loop would cut down on wear on the bowstring, but doesn't it make it more difficult to "quickly" clip onto the loop? And also doesn't it cut down on your draw length therefore reducing your speed? I know I am probably missing something thanks for the help.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: String loops

Good ? to start a poll with imo
Old 05-14-2006, 10:23 AM

I guess I am not sure how to start a poll.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:33 AM

I shoot a string loop and love it. They eliminate nock pinch and are no faster to clip on to than the string. You do have to replace them occasionally, there have been a few stories floating around here of people that have busted themselves in the nose due to loop failure. Personally, I've never had a problem with them. You are right about the DL. It COULD, but not necessarily. Just don't get the loop too long. I shoot a 30" DL and it didn't change when I installed the loop.

( To start a poll, go to the bowhunting forum. Instead of clicking on "New Thread," Click on "New Poll." The technical forums don't have poll capabilitie. No real need to though. You'll get answers here.)
Old 05-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Moosekill, go back to the Bowhunting forum and there is an option to start a poll.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I've been using a loop for about three months now and although I still find the possibility of smacking my face a bit distracting I've found that there are nothing but benifits to using the loop. If I have to let the string down I do not have to re-nock, I haven't had to reserve my string. I will probably never have an arrow fall of the string again etc. Using the proper release clipping the release on quickly isn't an issue.