Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mathews  brace ht. >

mathews brace ht.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mathews brace ht.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:34 PM

Default mathews brace ht.

Does anyone know what the brace ht. is on a Mathews XT, also has anyone owned one, are they problem proned? Thanks Joe...
Old 05-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: mathews brace ht.

The brace height on the XT is 7 1/2".

Plenty on here -- including me -- have shot the XT pretty extensively. It IS a sweet little shooter, but I don't think there's too many people that's just been blown away by it. I can tell you about another bow with very similar specs that people HAVE been blown away by, though... if you want me to.

I don't think there's any inherent problems being discovered by any XT owners. Mathews has -- for years -- put substandard strings on their offerings, and I've heard mixed reviews about the Barracuda strings this year that the XT carries. Gibblet, one of the string makers who frequents this forum, says that he's getting a ton of business from Mathews owners who still feel the need to replace their Barracuda strings with an aftermarket offering. I haven't shot them enough to give you an honest opinion, as shortly after they were launched on the marketplace, I started shooting for BowTech ... and most everyone thinks they've got some of the best factory strings on the market being put on any manufacturer's bows.

Anyway, if a string is your only concern, that's not much -- all things considered. (Besides the fact that you'll be giving up close to 20 fps to another bow with very similar specs...) It just irks some people to pay nearly $700 for a brand new bow and the first thing you've got to do is run out and buy a new string.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:15 AM

Thanks, someone offered one to my wife and I don't know a lot about the quirks of mathews. I was planning on a set of strings from gibblet too! Thanks again joe...
Old 05-06-2006, 09:29 AM

people love that bow, i mean really love it. when you do order a set of strings, from whoever you decide to order from, don't order stock lengths. order the string at 87 5/8" instead of 87 3/4", and order the cable at 33 5/16 instead of 33.5". should be perfect that way.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

gibblet, when you say really love that bow is it more than a brand loyalty thing? has anyone you've spoken to switched brands to the XT and loved it like your saying?

One of my archery buds recently purchased one and ONE OF THESE DAYS he's supposed to bring it over so we can shoot our bows back to back and get a better feel for the differences and similarities between the two. We're both 29" draws with 60# bows so it should be good. I already know I've got 15 fps on him with my smooth mods in shooting the same arrow, but speed isn't everything (or so I keep hearing). It'll be fun and hopefully regret free for the both of us.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave, it'll probably be regret-free for one of you...

Yesterday, I shot about twenty shots out of the Tribute, then about twenty out of the XT, then twenty out of the Tribute, then twenty out of the XT... There's definitely a difference. When your buddy finally comes over, I'd be interested to know your thoughts as well.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Should I take my STS off to be fair?

My bow doesn't need it but it sure shut my DZ rest and VBG sight up by putting it on. Without it both of them are making some noise which is irking me. Guess I'll go back to fixed sights when $$ allows.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:24 PM

i don't know dave. all i know is what i said. people are very happy with them. you get a lot of brand loyalty, specially from staff shooters and i onlyhalf listen to what they say for that reason.i haven't shot one. maybe some/most of the folks i talk to are mathews loyalists, but they're very happy with them, and that's what counts. being a bowtech shooter i doubt the bow will feel 'right' to you because it doesn't feel/shoot like a bowtech.does that mean your bow is better - well to you yes, but in the general case no. thing is i don't think there really is a general case.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep in mind I have shot both bows extensively, and feel that the XT is a truly awesome hunting bow. I don't think it is necessarily the best 3D bow, but then again I don't think any 30-33" bow is a good choice for serious 3D which leads me to believe that speed shouldn't be quite as much of a factor when selecting a bow of this type. Mathews has better choices in their arsenal for 3D and other forms of competitive types of archery like the Prestige and Apex 7 that are as fast or faster than the competitors bows that fit the same category of specs.

Back to the XT, it is butter smooth and quiet........different people will like each the tribute and XT though depending on their styles and personal tastes. Shoot both extensively and then make up your mind...........both are top notch bows and you can't go wrong either way. Just make sure you give everything out there in that category of specs a fair shake.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:55 PM

They are tough on the buss cable where it rolls over the cam. That's a reason I am looking for something different than Mathews.

Quick Reply: mathews brace ht.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.