Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mathews  brace ht. >

mathews brace ht.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mathews brace ht.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:15 PM

Default RE: mathews brace ht.

Thanks for the input, we are going to have her shoot it tomarrow around 10:00am I'll let you know how we do!!! Thanks Joe....
Old 05-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mathews brace ht.

Bearbuster66, I hope she shoots it well and there's a new purty bow in your house tonight. Can't go wrong with it from what I'm hearing and personally felt when shooting it.

Gibblet, thanks for the input but I would in no way come out of a head to head shoot saying my bow is all outBETTER. I'm not that narrow minded. Better for me maybe, better fits what I'm looking for maybe, but not "better than" as an absolute hands down winner between the two.

The reasonI was really interested in the back to back shooting is there is always that small amount of doubt in the back of my mind that hopefully would go away after extensive shooting in each. I had my reasons for picking the Tribute, but on paper and in the hand both bows met my purchasing criteria. It really came down to what feltbest in the small amount of shooting you can do in the shop and comparing everything to my Patriot.And I'll say it again, the Tribute only has an energy advantage and truer nock travelover my Patriot. They are very equal otherwise (once you slap and sts on the Pat).

What really bites is that my initial impressions of the XT was fromshooting a bow that I'm fairly certain wasn't set up properly at a different bow shop than I currently use.
The draw was mushy on the very back end, the draw was about 3/8-1/2" longer than it should have been and the bow had a soft back wall. ALL LEADING TO possibly a cam that was out of time and being overdrawn. Basing most of my purchasing decision on this flawed bow it wasn't until I was ready to buy thatI shot an XT that exhibited none of these negative attributes. It only drew 1/4" long as per one of thosedraw length indicatingarrows, had a solid enough back wall and no rear draw stroke mushyness.
My original head to head shoot at a shop already had me leaning towards the Tribute, but like I said I'm fairly certain this impression was tainted from the get-go.

Too late now as I'm out of the new bow market and hope to be for a while, I've got too many other toys to maintain and purchase. I'd just like to put this dog to bed in my mind once and for all.

I’ll say this- one thing Mathews has over Bowtech is their hats are made in USA and not china. They're not alone though as my Ross hat is sadly enough made in china also- but at least it was free.