Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews X2 XL brace height question & warranty service >

Mathews X2 XL brace height question & warranty service

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews X2 XL brace height question & warranty service

Old 09-11-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Mathews X2 XL brace height question & warranty service

Please bear with my technical ignorance..........

First, it is worth noting the outstanding customer service I just received from Mathews Inc. I discovered a cracked limb on my Q2 XL bow and sent it back to Mathews and received two new limbs, no questions asked. That was awesome!

I presently own a Hoyt Cam 1/2 bow along with the Q2 XL, When I purchase my next bow it would be hard not to consider a Mathews.

Now, my question:
I had a bowshop owner adjust the limbs on my Q2 XL bow where the the distance from the string to the top and bottom limb pocket had a difference of ~1/2". I cannot remember if the top or bottom had a greater distance. Is this a common practice? It is worth noting that the bow shot great when adjusted in this manner.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mathews X2 XL brace height question & warranty service

I think this is standard on Mathews single cam bows, Just a FYI this really isn't reffered as brace height. The brace height is the distance from the nocking point to the farest point of the grip. I think you may be reffering to tiller but I could be wrong tiller is getting to be a old term noy mentioned to much now a days. Good luck.